• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Bypass Daily Menus

Allie, firstly I agree, follow the advise of your surgeon for sure. As for the worry, all post-ops worry that food might hurt/get stuck/ make you sick. That is normal, so give yourself a break. My second bit of advice is to make sure you get enough protein while you are healing. Maybe you can add some yogurt, a bit of sloppy tuna salad may go down nice or perhaps a little ricotta cheese with smooth apple sauce. These are all things that can be tolerated early on and have a big hit of protein. Remember, just a few bites is better than none so give it a go and see how you do. Also you could consider some baby food, I found it good for transitioning from liquids to soft food and the serving size is just right.

Here is a link to recipes that might give you inspiration:

http://www.minimins.com/wls-recipes-forum/66935-food-puree-stage-soups-sauce-recipes.html

Best of luck hun.

Nic:p

Menu yesterday -

B - Yogurt & milky coffee
L - Salad w/cheese, dried fruits & nuts
D - Whole wheat tortilla w/salsa & cheese
Snack - protein bar, milky tea & orange

Today -

B - milky coffee, yougurt
L - Egg salad in whole wheat tortilla
D - 2 small whole wheat pancakes, sugar free syrup, 1/2 a grilled sausage & a tiny bit of scrambled eggs
Snack - protein bar

hi all
sorry not been posting for a while - my life has been a bit mad rcently, however I am keeping a food diary and emailing to my dietitian evry week to make sure am doing ok.
I couldn't get to my normal scales for a weigh in today so went to another Boots. The scales there said I had lost 5 pounds but will leave updating my ticker till I can weigh in on my normal scales!!!

Hi everyone, thanks for your suggestions I will give them a try. x

Yesterday's menu:

B - yogurt & protein bar
L - egg salad & 10-15 grapes
D - Bouillabaisse (french for fish stew) & 1/2 a slice of cheese toast.
Snack - protein drink

I can't imagine ever only eating the amount of food you are all eating! What does the fullness feel like? I ask because at the moment even when I feel full I keep eating!!, hence I am considering WLS.

As a gastric bypasser, I would say that full feels like a tight pressure in your chest. The trick is to find almost full which comes with practice. I can now get right up to full without the supper-full-I-might-pop feeling. I absolutely cannot go beyond full because I would then feel like I would need to be sick!

Best of luck with your research.

Nic;)

Hi nic, what are the name of the protein bars that you eat? x

I am currently eating some Atkins bars from the USA:

Atkins Advantage Caramel Fudge Brownie

Atkins Daybreak Breakfast bars in Cinnamon Bun

Here is a link to site that carries them here in the UK:

Atkins products from Avidlite

Today's menu:

B - Yogurt & protein bar
L - Leftover fish stew & tomato/cucumber/mushroom salad
D - Shrimp etouffee w/rice & black beans
Snack - dried fruit & nuts, Atkins peanut butter cups

Cheers Nic:p

Today I am having an overwhelming craving for Macdonalds, soooooooooo I have bought low fat mince, made my own burgers and have homemade wedges in the oven as we speak. Hopefully it will satisfy my cravings.
Have been on a course with work and it has been very challenging to choose restaurant meals that I could manage, but I did it - goats cheese salad, chargrilled chicken salad and braised beef with mash and veg! Makes me realise how many calories I woulod have consumed pre op - would have been three courses with chips every time!!!

i am just starting on my journy to be slim and i am facinated and also a little unnerved reading all the posts. ive tried all the diets and clubs i lose a couple of stone then it just starts going back on i dont supose cakes and biscuites have anything to do with that lol. i have decided on a bypass as i feel its my on ly option as once its done thers no going back. i am getting very excited and also a bit scared but listning to you all is giving me insperation good luck to you all im so glad i found this site

Today I am having an overwhelming craving for Macdonalds, soooooooooo I have bought low fat mince, made my own burgers and have homemade wedges in the oven as we speak. Hopefully it will satisfy my cravings.
Have been on a course with work and it has been very challenging to choose restaurant meals that I could manage, but I did it - goats cheese salad, chargrilled chicken salad and braised beef with mash and veg! Makes me realise how many calories I woulod have consumed pre op - would have been three courses with chips every time!!!
Yo - Well done you. Keep me posted after the weigh on on your ''REGULAR'' scales. Hope that you are pleasently suprised.

I had a fun day out (belated birthday for Mr. PG) & really enjoyed myself. Here is my menu:

B - 1 scambled egg (ate most of it) and a tiny (smaller than palm sized) pancake made by hubby & brought to me in bed!
L - cottage cheese, a few cherry tomatoes & a small banana
D - A sliver of tomato & basil garlic bread, a few bites of hubby's lasagna, a few bites of penne w/salmon, a couple of bites of apple pie & 1/2 a fresh strawberry
Snack - some popcorn at the cinema, a protein shake

Not the most nutritional day but I was able to have a nice meal out and I asked hubby to order so that he would like the leftovers for supper tomorrow! It was fab, I haven't had a really nice meal out for ages.

Menu for yesterday:

B - yogurt & banana
L - cottage cheese, small salad
D - whole wheat tortilla w/cheese, salsa, lettuce & and a spoon of plain fat-free yogurt
Snack - dried fruit & nuts, protein bar

I also had a few crisps, I am a sucker for ketttle chips salt & vinegar so I had a few. They were lovely but a very, very slippery slope for me so must not buy any! Will continue to snitch a few from other people because left alone with them I think I could finish the bag & then probably feel ill...

Hello?? Anybody there?? Seems like I am posting all by myself...

Yesterday's menu:

B - yogurt & banana
L - protein bar & apple
D - small serving of tortellini & red sauce
Snack - dried fruit & nuts

I had my first pouch rejection. I had taken a pain med for a headache when I realized I hadn't eaten in a few hours (this was after dinner) so without thinking I popped 2 tortellini in mouth and swallowed them barely chewed. Within a couple minutes, I felt extreme pressure & knew I was going to heave. Yuck! :sign0137:

It was an old habit of mine to take medicine on an empty stomach, realize it and then pop in some food after to fight off acid reflux. I didn't even think about what I was doing!! Well, since the pouch was full of the dissolving medicine it said no way and the food came right back up. Lesson learned!

Its horrid aint it? I will start putting what I've eaten everyday from now on, so I can look back on it. Here goes, bearing in mind today has been a bad day today and all I have done is think about food!

B- 1 weetabix, with semi skimmed milk & sweetener.
L- 3 table spoons of tuna with light mayo, a pkt of wotsits & a sugar free jelly.
T- 5 table spoons of beef mince bolognese, no pasta just sauce and 7 cadbury buttons.

When I was thinking about what I've had, for some reason I thought I'd had loads. However, when I read it back, its hardly anything really!

Today -

Breakfast/Lunch (got up late) - half a wholemeal pitta with falafel, lf houmous and feta (leftovers)
Dinner - Couple of slices of a slow cooked gammon joint

Brunch- Half a hot cross bun with clover light & a bag of Quavers.
T- 1 small slice of pork loin, 2 table spoons of mash, 2 brocolli florets, 1 cauiflower floret, 3 slices of carrot with gravy. Half a chocolate mousse.
Snacks after T- 4 crisp breads with clover light & marmite & a bag of mini cookies, which was really naughty I know,but tasted lush dipped in my coffee, they were really sweet though.

Reading that back I think I've over done it with the junk today! I blame my totm. lol

Back