• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Bypass Daily Menus

grom

Slim for 2009
Thanks chuck.
have done much better today and am so excited about real food on saturday!
Today I had porridge for breakfast, chunky minestrone soup and raspberries for lunch.
Have also had a couple of skinny lattes and a small glass of fruit juice. Tea will be chilli made with extra low fit mince, WW chilli sauce, and lots of extra soft veggies.I think I will also have a nice choccy protein shake for supper too!
Thanks for the advice about TK MAX or should that be TJ MAX!! I have just bought a fab top and a new pair of jeans. xx

tendersage

Not sure its been a good day for me today, tiredness has had me laid out on the sofa really not wanting to move however so far i have managed

1 weetabix/ss milk - breakfast
100gms edamame bean dip
4 teaspoons taramosalata
dinner will be 4 cubes thai chicken - but really not feeling hungry at all

tesmaralda

Grom's bad day!!

Had a really mad mixed up day so ending up drinking lots of coffee and water but only ended up eating:

1/2 tin WW Tom soup with 1/2 tin mixed beans
1/2 a WW Macaroni cheese ready meal.

before everyone tells me off I know this is BAAAAAAD!! I will try harder tomorrow!!

Don't beat yourself up about it Grom your doing really well and trying to fit eating and working in is hard. Just think what a bad day would have been before the op at least you still made healthy choices and the important thing is you know its not a brilliant day and are making an effort not to repeat it again.

teen

post op loser
I have had a bad one getting board with puree keep making things then binning it lol

Porrage for breakfast
soup for dinner
soup for tea
a protein drink
and some water
a prune yogurt and just having a glass of milk

grom

Slim for 2009
Don't beat yourself up about it Grom your doing really well and trying to fit eating and working in is hard. Just think what a bad day would have been before the op at least you still made healthy choices and the important thing is you know its not a brilliant day and are making an effort not to repeat it again.

Thanks chuck!
I had to have a giggle about it afterwards - I was annoyed with myself for not eating ENOUGH!! How bizarre is that!!!

:p

Cleggy

Grom - Tell me about it. I have had days like that. Get's easier when you are on 'normal' food and it's only a few hours away for you now lol. Did you get the details for the Alex? Still not sure if I will be able to go yet but the sheet sets out it is an open meeting if you still fancy going. Failing that if I end up ducking on this meeting you are more than welcome to join us at the next one.

grom

Slim for 2009
Grom - Tell me about it. I have had days like that. Get's easier when you are on 'normal' food and it's only a few hours away for you now lol. Did you get the details for the Alex? Still not sure if I will be able to go yet but the sheet sets out it is an open meeting if you still fancy going. Failing that if I end up ducking on this meeting you are more than welcome to join us at the next one.

Got the invite thanks! It looks really good! Not checked my diary yet but hopefully will be able to make it. Thanks for the graph thing too. I have worked most of it out but think have done something wrong with the weeks/days things! Will drop you an email when have had another look at it!!

Cleggy

Get in Grom 33lb lost go girl!

phatgirl

Yesterday's menu:

B: 1 & 1/2 Dark Rye Ryvita w/light philly cream cheese

L: WW Carrot & Lentil soup (300mils) with a little fage yogurt & low-fat cheese added

D: Salad w/sliced turkey, cheese, slice of lean smokey bacon, tomatoes, cucumber, mushrooms, cabbage - homemade balsamic vinaigrette (will post recipe in another post)

Snacks: Diced peaches, clementine, Protein Drink (25g), 250 mils semi-skim milk (in coffee & tea)

Protein count for the day: 74.2

I used this FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal to total my protein.

grom

Slim for 2009
My first day on 'real' food!!

B: Sugar puffs without the sugar (puffed wheat I think it's called) with sm banana and some oat milk
L : 1 egg omelette (from my own chickens!!) with 25g low fat cheese
D : WENT OUT FOR DINNER AT MY BROTHER'S AND HAD 'NORMAL' FOOD!!! Home made spag bol and 1/2 tspn chocolate cheesecake!!

When I switched from puree to soft foods I felt I was eating too much, and I did again yesterday, but looking at that written down, I think I did ok.

It suddenly struck me (durr!!) that if I wanted to, it would be very easy to 'graze' through the day and keep topping up my pouch and eating a lot more than I should, now that I can eat most things. I am very aware of this potential pitfall now and am determined to stick to 3 meals a day with PLANNED snacks if I need them.

grom

Slim for 2009
Get in Grom 33lb lost go girl!
and get you with your mere 45 pounds to go!! My weigh in at Boots tomorrow - I always get really nervous in case this is the week it stops working!!
Saw my sister yesterday and she said 'Where has your bottom gone??' :8855:

tendersage

LMAO Grom thats so funny as i know mine has also shrunk.

i too am aware that i could graze, so i am going to focus on drinks rather then meals as on soft foods i am 3 meals a day and a 'snack' if i need it.

phatgirl

Yesterday's menu (felt icky so was a tough day, just grabbed stuff from the fridge & no cooking)

B: Fruit & Fibre cereal w/125 mls milk

L: Ryvit a dark rye w/light cream cheese, clementine, 2-3 tbsps cottage cheese

D: Turkey & Swiss rolls (4) & small ceasar salad (romaine, crumbled bacon, low-fat ceasar dressing)

Snack: Cheese round, OJ 150mls

Forgot to have my protein drink :( but I managed to get in 61.1 grams Protein!

tendersage

Yesterdays menu

breakfast - porridge

Lunch - Fish pie (made with salmon, onion, white sauce, and topped with sweet potato) and 2 large sprouts

Dinner - Home made Dhal - no added veggies as first time i have made it, now i know how easy it is i will experiment more

No snacks or treats

teen

post op loser
Had yesterday

porrage for breaky.

Home made Lobby( stew) dinner with grated cheese

Marks and spencers fresh chicken soup for tea with added grated cheese

Really boring day cause I couldnt be bothered so just grabbed what was in the fridge

grom

Slim for 2009
AAAGGHH
Had a really bad day yesterday and only lost a pound this week!!!!

phatgirl

Don't worry Grom, it happens. A pound is just one more gone. You will probably have a nice loss next week. Try & make sure to eat enough & start thinking of things to eat that you can carry around with you to avoid bad choices. Don't be tough on yourself kid, okay??

Nic:p

grom

Slim for 2009
Thanks Miss!
I had a bad day as I started picking in the evening and it felt like I was eating loads and was out of control. I was worried that I didn't feel the full thing that everyone talks about. On reflection I didn't eat 'loads' it's just that it was unplanned and felt a bit scary. :sigh:

phatgirl

Haven't posted my food in a couple days, here it goes:

Sunday
B: 2 ryvitas w/cream cheese
L: 2 turkey rolls w/swiss & bacon, 8 grapes
D: 2/3rds of WW Fisherman's pie
Snack: Clementine & 1 piece of no-sugar add choc

Monday:
B: milky coffee, cheese round, clementine
L: chicken ceasar salad w/bacon
D: Homemade beef stew
Snack: protein drink

Tuesday:
L: Homemade crustless quiche (cheese, leeks, bacon, sliced chicken & mushrooms)
D: Quiche again

Wed:
B: Quiche & 10 grapes
L: Chicken & swiss rolls (3)
D: Steak & salad
Snack: Clementine & protein drink

grom

Slim for 2009
Haven't posted my food in a couple days, here it goes:

Sunday
B: 2 ryvitas w/cream cheese
L: 2 turkey rolls w/swiss & bacon, 8 grapes
D: 2/3rds of WW Fisherman's pie
Snack: Clementine & 1 piece of no-sugar add choc

Monday:
L: chicken ceasar salad w/bacon
D: Homemade beef stew

Tuesday:
L: Homemade crustless quiche (cheese, leeks, bacon, sliced chicken & mushrooms)
D: Quiche again

Wed:
B: Quiche & 10 grapes
L: Chicken & swiss rolls (3)
D: Steak & salad
Snack: Clementine & protein drink

Keep meaning to ask - what's a cheese round??