• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Bypass Long Termers - menu

chrisa

hI all long termers, I am now 2yrs and 6 months out and struggling with weight. I did get down to 14st 5 but then slowly increased to 14st 11lb. Now in the last month it went upto 15st 5lb, I worked really hard n lost 4lbs but 2 weeks later n I have gone back to 15st 4lb. I have to admit when I am not at work I am not exercising. I walk to and from bus for work and am doing strange shifts which I have nbever done before. I am trying not to snack but if I HAVE TO HAVE been trying to have healthy stuff. Would you post on here what a typical daily menu you would have?

Thanks xx:wave_cry:

To be honest Chrisa, I eat a massive variety of food so no two days are the same. I do follow the slimming world plan although I've tweaked it a little to suit me.

I'll give you two days just to give you an idea though.

Yesterday:
B - 2x linda mccartney sausage, 'fried' egg, beans and mushrooms.
sn - one garibaldi
L - chicken and pasta salad
sn - (at cinema) homemade popcorn, small kinder bar, two lollipops and 2 hifi bars.
d - thai prawn curry.
sn - cheese triangles rolled in ham.

today:
b - porridge (35g with banana and raisins)
sn - fruit if i want it
l - thai prawn curry
sn - none as weigh in tonight
d - bacon and pasta bake
sn - mugshot with ham, slimming world cake in a cup

THANK YOU YVE. sometimes don't think I eat enough. Always eat though and try and keep portions varied to incorporate fruit n veg, plenty protein still. Any one else out there???????

I'm a sleever, 9 months out, but I guess food isn't too different from bypass at this stage.
Breakfast :30g bran flakes with ss milk
Snack: laughing cow light cheese dipper
: 2 chunks mattessons turkey breast pieces
Lunch: Warburton's thin with ham and salad
2 satsumas
Snack: 1 pot weight watchers yogurt
1 carton (200ml) innocent smoothie
Dinner : 1 chicken breast stuffed with l/f mozzarella wrapped in parma ham with salad and 1 potato rosti
Bit later 1 m&s count on us choc muffin dessert

Hi Chrisa,

I can't post my eating at the minute,as I've not been eating very good.
Just felt sickly all the time,I need it sorting as I'm going dizzy a lot now.
But I can feel where ur coming from,it's bloody hard maintaining now.

Hi Chrisa, I can't post my eating at the minute,as I've not been eating very good. Just felt sickly all the time,I need it sorting as I'm going dizzy a lot now. But I can feel where ur coming from,it's bloody hard maintaining now.

Should just add,I think my dizziness is down to low blood count not lack of eating..
It's always something at minute with me..lol

Thanks for the replies guys. Hope you get something sorted out Emma it is awful feeling like that. I try to eat as normal as possible just small quantities, I try and keep a varied diet try and incorporate all the requirements fro healthy diet n still it goe son. It is frightening I do not want to go back where I have been. I see other going way and beyond me I know we are all different, this is the reason I had the op in the 1st place, because I could loose 2.3 stone myself then it would just stop then go back up while others kept on losing. I was so chuffed to have lost over 10 stone now I am about 91/2 st which yes is marvellous but I am 15st 4lb very frightening. I do think these shifts have something to do with it though my body is all over the place. xx

I worked funny shifts for a few years and it mixed my eating up big time where my weight went up for little reason, maybe try to eat at regular time might help and no snacking, my provider asks I stick to three meals a day with no snacking and I do, it isn't easy even at this early stage, but I think for the long term it might be a good idea.

Thank you, yes it is difficult my hard shift is night shift. We do not start until 4pm then we work till midnight then we go to our sleep over room where we can sleep till 7am if all is quiet then we go home at 9.30am. In this shift I try and not have my breakfast till around 11 ish then something around 3 and then around 7/8pm have my tea but sometimes it gets boring because we are lone working so the head is all over the place. Its the anticipation that trouble may occur at any time and you are responsible. I work in an 8 bed residential unit for 16-25 yr olds who have been homeless, it can be very challenging especially on night shift. I have always been a one to eat when stressed. Most nights are fine it is only the odd one that isn't I think if it wasn't lone working would be a different situation. But even then I don't sleep all night you can hear them talking and all doors are fire doors and you can hear them, you are always half asleep and half awake. We are also on call for a mental health unit same size as ours and we both have 2 dispersed properties so we can receive phone calls through night also. Never 2 shifts alike. I am just really scared that it may keep on going up after all this hard work.

hi chrisa thanks for posting this I too am nearly 2 years out well in may I will be I too have stalled I have a bypass but I have found im snacking more and definatly all the wrong choices I don't always exercise which I think is the key for me but have 2 jobs very hectic family life so cant seem to squeeze in unless its at 6 in the morning I start off each morning with good intentions but by the time afternoon comes its gone out the window I did after Christmas climb upto 161/2 stone but have managed to get back under 16 but I really have still another 4 stone to lose I havnt lost as much as I thought I would by this stage and I know I shouldn't compare myself to others who have had the same op because we are all different but its hard not too :(

I can totally totally recommend looking into slimming world. I was like you guys jut wouldn't go further. I started to yoyo and it was scary. I started doing slimming world and it's helped so much. Seriously worth a try.

so take it you have managed to kick start it again how long u been on slimming world and how much you lost on it maybe its worth a try to give my self a kick start and get back on track

Well done Yvessa I want to find a way to do it without a slimmimg club really. I don't get weighed every week now but I can tell by clothes so just having little panic case it goes up again, trying to make it my daily routine to keep on track. I cannot be doin with folks saying what have you lost now then and oh you had an op ohhh and it goes on and on just ned to leave it behind and find a way to live without it going up xx

Well done Yvessa I want to find a way to do it without a slimmimg club really. I don't get weighed every week now but I can tell by clothes so just having little panic case it goes up again, trying to make it my daily routine to keep on track. I cannot be doin with folks saying what have you lost now then and oh you had an op ohhh and it goes on and on just ned to leave it behind and find a way to live without it going up xx

Chrisa, I hope you get sorted soon. You are a rock of support for everyone. I think a slimming club may help just to get in track and for the face to face support x

I have to be absolutely frank here Chris, I'm not sure its possible. I think unless you're keeping an eye somewhere you're not going to be able to keep it stable or continue to lose, our bodies are just too stubborn.

I will consider it guys thankyou, in the past weight loss groups have only aided me for a few weeks and then the depression sets in if I do it it will have to be online because emy shifts are so irratic be a different group each week and I don't drive so thanks I appreciate the frankness xxx

slimming world actually allows shift workers some slightly different rules to try and help. Personally ww wouldn't work - the counting does my head in. the sw plan is just healthy eating really. the group support helps and I am lucky that my group know and support my op.

Back