• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Bypass Long Termers - menu

Doing nights without a doubt mess with your system. Im interested to find out that slimming world do make allowances for that.
My dietican told me before they discharged me that almost all patients get 'bounce back' weight gain (about a stone) two to three years post op. She said its a natural part of the process.

Doing nights without a doubt mess with your system. Im interested to find out that slimming world do make allowances for that. My dietican told me before they discharged me that almost all patients get 'bounce back' weight gain (about a stone) two to three years post op. She said its a natural part of the process.

Yeap I gained about ten pounds. But I just follow plan and I am happy to lose about 1-2 lbs every week.

Yes I THINK THATS WHATS HAPPENED TO ME. MY BIGGEST THING IS NO EXTRA EXERCISE. I walk to and from work which can be around 2 mile each day if I am bussing but need to get back to somethingelse but try not to hurt my knee. I have not had a chest infection since having my bypass or even a really bad cold so I know I am very healthy. I am still very active but need more exercise and when the summer comes less tea n coffee n more water I know it can make all the difference to me. Guna av to knuckle down and get a grip. I will look into SW I THINK my daughter has done it before, I only tried it once and I put on 4lb, dunno what happened there. xxx

that's FABULOUS WELL DONE. Did the hospital give you a weight they thought you would achieve after weight loss? I know the day I was discharged altogether they said they were really happy with my loss and had lost more than they thought. So unsure if I am now at the weight they thought I would plateau at? THink I have to learn to accept and be greatful for what I have achieved I have still lost 91/2 stone so that is still a fab achievement. Have to remember how far I have come. x

yes well done I think I will look into following a weightloss plan and yesterday I dug out my wii fitness thing so gonna try and do stuff on that as well as just doing that wee bit extra walking even if its just round the block

My team have told me that I've exceeded what they would expect for me. I don't think it will be as fast for us as it has been for Gary as women lose slower. But it does come off.

YVESSA YOU HAVE DONE AMAZINGLY WELL. were you a thin child or were you a little chunky. I was always fatter than the others, never missed P.E. did every last bit f exercise, from hockey to aerobics n swimming. yOU look like you have a petit frame xx

YVESSA YOU HAVE DONE AMAZINGLY WELL. were you a thin child or were you a little chunky. I was always fatter than the others, never missed P.E. did every last bit f exercise, from hockey to aerobics n swimming. yOU look like you have a petit frame xx
i was also always big that I remember. I also was really actively but still putting on every year.

that's FABULOUS WELL DONE. Did the hospital give you a weight they thought you would achieve after weight loss? I know the day I was discharged altogether they said they were really happy with my loss and had lost more than they thought. So unsure if I am now at the weight they thought I would plateau at? THink I have to learn to accept and be greatful for what I have achieved I have still lost 91/2 stone so that is still a fab achievement. Have to remember how far I have come. x

To be honest I walked out of my hospital as I couldn't get on with the dietician, so no weight goal has been sent.

But I am very happy with where I am now.

Back