• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Long haul flights

tranquil_butterfly

I have agreed with work that I am going to take a 4 week break and go to Jamaica to see my folks. I have seen quite a few threads about having a defill before a long haul flight but I am not clear why you need to do this. I will raise this with my provider when I see them on 29 July but I am not convinced they will give me the right information. I have done some research online but it the same old issue - conflicting information. I would rather not have a defill as I know that all the lovely food available at home with my parents would be a trying experience. Any views/answers?

tranquil x

Hi TB, first of all, a 4 week break in Jamaica sounds amazing!
My dietician told me that flying, especially long haul could cause the band to tighten and I'm sure she said it was due to cabin pressure. She said that as long as you stick to liquids or soft food on the plane it should be okay but as we know so often on here we all get given different advice by our providers, so you're doing the right thing by asking your people when you have your next appointment. I'd be interested in hearing fellow banders actual experience as we've just booked a holiday in Egypt for next year. I suspect I'll need a least a couple more fills by then as I've only had one so far.
Mel x

Hi TB - wow, how exciting :D

I had the same advice as Mel, so no food on the plane and be careful for maybe 24 hours?!

A 4 week break sounds just what the doctor ordered for you TB! How long is it since you have seen your folks? xxx

TB i cant offer advice but just want to say that a break with your folks will be just what you and your parents need. Be sure to relax and enjoy and come back rejuvenated xxxx

Hi TB - wow, how exciting :D

I had the same advice as Mel, so no food on the plane and be careful for maybe 24 hours?!

A 4 week break sounds just what the doctor ordered for you TB! How long is it since you have seen your folks? xxx

Mazza my mom comes over every year so she was here at the beginning of the year and flew back in February. My dad does not come very often since they went back home. The last time I saw him was March 2010. They are both 76 and they phone everyday to check Mr TB and I are ok. I love them to bits. The last time we had a holiday when they were both there was in November 2009, I think, so we are looking forward to having some quality time with them - plus the dog and her two new puppies that they are keeping from the 9 she delivered 8 weeks ago:D.

I will see what WM say when I see them.

Thanks for the advice and good wishes everyone.

tranquil x

Back