• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric sleeve

Tracey37

I guys ,

I been hearing after surgery that you have a drain in tummy for first few days is this just with bypass do u have this with the sleeve too, as I was told by my surgeon I may not have one, x

Hi I asked my surgeon if I would be having a drain, and he said no drain for me as he is experienced enough now to know by looking at us if their is a leak (hehehe his words) and it would be straight back up to theatre we go. So I am very happy about this as catheter I can handle no bother but I am squeamish about drain. X x x

I never had a drain in hun xx

Tracy,

I've been told will have drain for 48 hours then out if empty. Not having catheter which pleases me!

Tatiana

Tracy,

I've been told will have drain for 48 hours then out if empty. Not having catheter which pleases me!

Tatiana

Thanks for feed back ,
i just found out that i will have no drain , but a catherter and a gastric nasual tube after surgery
xx

I had bypass in Bournemouth in July no drain or catheter at all just a drip which sadly dislodged & tissued in my arm instead of the vein & a nasal oxygen thing for about 18hrs post op.
I was given a commode for the first few trips to the loo that first evening by morning my drip & I were off to the loo. Possibly how the needle was dislodged but other than cramps from the tissued fluid I had no problems, (keeping it raised, strapped up & massaged over a few days it finally went away).

No drain here

Back