• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Wrap

littlemissy18

Is this done through your mouth?
How long do you have it done for like 6 months etc?
Can you have it done in the UK as ive read somewhere that someone in Manchester does it?
Whats the average weight loss for the wrap?
Thanks
sorry about all the questions just trying to find things out:)

claire-anna

littlemissy18 said:
Can you have it done in the UK as ive read somewhere that someone in Manchester does it?
Thanks

Hi Hun.. A wrap is a surgical procedure through key hole.. It's done the same way as the sleeve, but you don't have your stomach cut away. The stomach is measured and folded in on itself and stitched up to create the smaller pouch.

The wrap is permanent after a while as scar tissues form then difficult to un wrap..

The weight loss is similar to the sleeve, however there is shorter time research on it as its a rather new procedure that came from USA. However I have heard of people loosing up to 11 stone!!

I think what you are referring to is the gastric ballon? That stays in for 6/12 months and is put in through the mouth ..

There is somewhere that does it in the uk... I had mine done in Czech republic with cosmetic bliss 2 months ago and I've lost nearly 3 stone...

Any further
Questions feel free to ask.. there's many wrappers on here now xxx

littlemissy18

Thankyou claire :) I must of been thinking of the gastric baloon dont know if i would loose enough weight with that tho..not sure how much you loose thanks againx

Snow White

You're thinking of a pose they are a wastes of money. Really only useful for failed bypassers who have stretched their pouches.

butterflyvan

Thanks
Hi LIttle missy 18 im currently awaint my op for the endoscopy (through the mouth option)