• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

GBS in 30 days - if you were doing it all again...

sukay

Trying to focus on future
.... what would you all recommend I do for this 30 days? For example, diet (what is the milk diet), how long is the milk diet for, exercise??? , what to take into hospital with me....

Hope you can help cos I would like to do everything properly if I can lol!!

:):):):):)

hello the milk diet is milk 5 pieces of fruit suger free jelly and yougerts and veg soup as a treat once or twice its done for 2 weeks before surgery sunderland will send the diet out about 3 weeks before op date as its slightly diffrent for diffrent people,i kept on my diet so it made surgery safer and if you but weight on they might not do the op.I took a good book 3 pairs of pjs ,,clean undies, toiletries and loose tracksuit bottoms and t shirt for coming home and my own pillow x x x x x x hope this helps;)

Hi Sukay
Snap I`m getting my surgery on the 10th of Nov as well . I`m having a slimfast and a meal and some fruit I want to loose a bit of weight before the pre op diet . I was told to walk for about half an hour a day but I cant because I have Arthritis and its to sore to do it . Good luck with your weight loss journey hun . Take care .
Margaret xx

Hi Sukay the milk diet I have been on is 3pts milk a day plus up to 1pint sugar free jelly and an oxo drink daily for salt intake plus A-Z multi vitamin daily Lost 1lbs in 3 weeks
Good luck whatever you choose different areas have different diets so hard to advise you will just have to go with what you fancy

Jay xx

Lost 1lbs in 3 weeks

I hope that's a mistype ??

Thanks so much for the replies guys - really appreciate the feedback.

The milk diet sounds interesting, although I cannot have oxo cos I am vegetarian lol!

I cannot believe this is actually going to happen.....:eek:

have just received my diet - to be followed for 10 days prior to surgery :)

Sukay - If i were you i'd be sticking to a low fat diet for the next 30 days as Sarah has suggested, every pound you can lose now means less post op and it going to enpower you to start living a healthier life style ! plus the lighter you are on op day the lower the risk levels.

And if i were a vegitarian i'd be using this time now to research alternative sources of protein, as your probably aware protein is going to become an important aspect of your diet, and you will need to find alternative sources if you will not eat meat !

If I had my time again I would not be doing the milk diet thats for sure. I'd be following the low fat diet for a longer time, eating lots of veggies, exercising and taking vits for at least a month before the op to ensure that I was as fit as I could possibly be for the op and also to aid healing afterwards.

I would also be taking Arnica to lessen the bruising and Thistle Milk to aid both the Gall Bladder and liver both before and after the op.

I think I'd also be holding out for the op to be done via Laporoscopy, no matter how much longer I had to wait, but then they say that hindsight is a wonderfull thing don't they...

Thistle Milk Bonita? What's this? I've not heard of it before?

I don't have a gall bladder to protect but i'm rather partial to my liver.. xx

I hope that's a mistype ??

Thanks so much for the replies guys - really appreciate the feedback.

The milk diet sounds interesting, although I cannot have oxo cos I am vegetarian lol!

I cannot believe this is actually going to happen.....:eek:
I'm veggie too hun, and the veggie oxo cubes are fine:D

Back