• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ticking the boxes. clairemp's pre op diary..

Claire, missed this post until now, just wanted to say how fantastic you are dong, how's the soft going? Hope you get a good weight loss today, can't wait to hear how well you have done. Good luck xxx

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Hi Lin,

I'm fine thank you. Busy this week with various kids school Christmas activities.

But I managed to get in to my appt for weighing and in 4 weeks post op I've lost 20lb. To say I'm happy is an understatement.

I got the figures totally wrong before but they are..

At first weigh in 30th March:
18st 3lb

Then I put a couple kilos on because I was a bit useless I think..!

18st 7lb at midway point.

After 2 weeks pre op diet:

17st 6lb

4 weeks post op:

16st bang on.

I'd like to lose another 5 st.

I don't really have absolute figures as sometimes I was weighed on the 'weigh bridge' with my wheelchair and at others on the sit down scales.

My day goes something like oats for breakfast, soup for lunch and a little bit of what the family is having for dinner if it's suitable.

In between if I'm hungry, and I do still feel proper hunger, not head hunger, I have some yoghurt or mashed banana.

I've never been sick but if I over do it at all, and I find for me there is a fine line between still feeling hungry and then feeling like food is touching my tonsils, I get pain in my chest and possibly receive a dose of the foamies. My sleeve is very forgiving I feel. It's still very early days and I'm still on a learning curve regarding my new stomach.

Think I may start a food diary like others to keep track.

Hope you're all well.

Fantastic news Claire, you must feel amazingly happy. I ate a dinner last night!! I know I shouldn't of but I did 7 small spouts boiled to death, dessert spoon of mash, 1/5 of chicken breast, gravy and a teaspoon on sloppy stuffing. I chewed it like mad.....omg it was good to have none purée although I shouldn't have.

That's absolutely fantastic Claire, what a great loss. You should be so proud of yourself

Glad you are doing ok, it definitely is a learning curve with our sleeves.

Keep up the good work xxx

Fantastic news Claire, you must feel amazingly happy. I ate a dinner last night!! I know I shouldn't of but I did 7 small spouts boiled to death, dessert spoon of mash, 1/5 of chicken breast, gravy and a teaspoon on sloppy stuffing. I chewed it like mad.....omg it was good to have none purée although I shouldn't have.

Hi Beep, thank you, I am very happy :) I've been eating some normal foods too, some ahead of time myself and I've coped just fine. Glad to see you're managing also and that you enjoyed your dinner :)

That's absolutely fantastic Claire, what a great loss. You should be so proud of yourself Glad you are doing ok, it definitely is a learning curve with our sleeves. Keep up the good work xxx

Hi Lin,

I wonder if we will ever know our sleeves intimately, so to speak. Mine seems to change in a daily basis. Sometimes I am genuinely hungry and days like today I've barely anything st all xx

How are you doing Claire?

How are you doing Claire?

Hi Beep,

I'm fine thanks. Feeling really tired which is slightly annoying.

Went to Pizzahut with my sister and the kids yesterday while out shopping. Managed to nibble on a slice of pizza and had a piece of chicken breast but that was it. It was horrifying to see my sister go to the buffet 3 times and eat all that was on her plate..! Mind you, there's not an ounce of fat on her.

Some days I feel like eating and other days like today I don't and I may just have a few milky coffees..

My sleeve hasn't really refused anything yet. What I do know is that I feel better when my stomach is empty. When it's full it's like it's working overtime to digest.

How're you doing BBC..? X

I'm feeling fine just a lot to get used to.

Happy Christmas

Hi Claire
Just caught up and it's lovely to read of your amazing stats. Well done sweetheart. We are almost identical at starting places etc. It's an incredible journey isn't it?
Happy new year to you. Imagine how skinny your next Xmas outfit is going to be! X

Hi Claire
Just caught up and it's lovely to read of your amazing stats. Well done sweetheart. We are almost identical at starting places etc. It's an incredible journey isn't it?
Happy new year to you. Imagine how skinny your next Xmas outfit is going to be! X

Oh Debs, happy new year..! I hope I'm that small but I fear I'm going to be an even slower mover than you feel you are. I have to say though I think you're losing really well. Still to catch up on your recent post though, so I'll catch up very soon.

I did have some good loss at the start but then I started to eat more of a normal diet although much less of it. I feel it's slowed down a lot.

Readers of my diary will know I'm disabled and in a wheelchair. I did manage to find a Personal Asst to help me go swimming or to the gym to try and do some exercise but she let me down so I'm on the lookout again and it's getting me down.

I've learnt that my sleeve will tolerate ANYTHING. I don't see this as a good thing. In fact I feel kind of cheated in a way. However if I over eat or eat too fast I get the foamies although I've never vomited. I also get the advice about protein first. It fills me up very quickly, causing chest pain. I'm eating normally now just healthier and much smaller portions. I try to take protein first as much as I can but because of it being so filling I can miss the nutrients that the vegetables can give.

So as I said, because of my lack of motion and increased eating I think my loss will slow greatly. I cheer myself up because of this by dreaming that the slow loss will result in less flab although Indoubtbit very much..!

My next appt at hospital is in the middle of Feb some time so I'm thinking I won't get weighed til then. If I manage to get on a set of scales I'll update you all.

Happy new year..! Looking forward to losses for all of us..!!!!! xxx

Wish I lived closer to you I would have loved to take you swimming and gym I think you are an amazing lady Claire. Here's sending you hope to find someone quick

Wish I lived closer to you I would have loved to take you swimming and gym I think you are an amazing lady Claire. Here's sending you hope to find someone quick

Oh bless you Beep, if you lived closer I'd absolutely love that :(

I'll find someone. It's just back to square one.

I haven't been on for a while but I've promised myself to catch up on the diaries and use you all for my online support..

I hope you're doing well and Christmas didn't present too many problems. It did for me. The head hunger is very much still in situ ;)

I wanted to chop my head off over Christmas lol! If you lived near me I could help a bit but I'm in Clacton, Essex?

Thanks Niccie, that's so kind but I'm in Evesham, Worcestershire so quite a way from you, but thanks for the offer..xx

Hiya Claire how are you getting on? You've been a bit quiet..... :(

Back