• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ticking the boxes. clairemp's pre op diary..

Hey love, thanks for thinking about me..

I've trapped a nerve and I'm in constant agony atm. Waiting to start physio. Not good for someone who uses her arms to move her body around. Feeling very sorry for myself. Diet going fine, haven't been weighed since last time so have no idea on numbers but guess it'll have slowed right down :( x

Oh Claire, sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Hope you start to feel better real soon. Sending you a big hug. Take care xx

Claire, sending huge hugs to you. X

Hope it's sorted soon Claire and your back to fully functioning xx

Hi Claire, just wondering if you are ok....

Hi Beep, I'm good thanks. My shoulder finally improving so thats made life much easier..

Not being weighed until 15th Feb and not knowing is killing me!

However, I took my daughter to my GPs the other night. I knew my jeans were getting lose but when I stood up from my wheelchair my jeans just dropped to the floor! She was horrified. Fortunately there was no one around :) So I guess I'm losing..x

Hi Beep, I'm good thanks. My shoulder finally improving so thats made life much easier.. Not being weighed until 15th Feb and not knowing is killing me! However, I took my daughter to my GPs the other night. I knew my jeans were getting lose but when I stood up from my wheelchair my jeans just dropped to the floor! She was horrified. Fortunately there was no one around :) So I guess I'm losing..x
that is actually fantastic! Xxx

Sorry Claire but that made me giggle the vision of your jeans just falling down sounds like your doing brill I'm coming up 3 weeks band to sleeve so having a good read around the diaries x

What's the loss then?

Hi Beep,

I've lost 12lbs so today I'm 15st 2lb.

I can't lie, I'm a bit disappointed. I was really hoping for quite a bit more. When they sat me back in the waiting room after weighing me I felt like crying.

I'm on 900-1000 calories a day which my team are happy with and they want me stick to the balanced diet that I'm having.

They put it into perspective a bit for me:

I've lost 30% of my excess body weight in 4 months and with a sleeve they are only expecting me to lose 60% and that's over a 2 year period. So actually I'm not doing too bad.

My blood sugars are neigh on back to normal.

My lymphoedema is better. My feet are still a bit swollen but legs are good.

So all in all, things are great and without my sleeve I would never have got even this far.

I'm questioning my diet though and wondering if I should tweak it a bit.

I have:

oatsosimple in the morning but can only eat half

Lunch is soup/couple of ryvitas with low fat spread/tuna salad

Dinner is whatever I've cooked but have a very small portion.

Snacks are fruit/low fat yoghurt/milky drunk.

Hope you're good Beep? You're doing so well.

:)

Tbh, I think that's a fantastic result. You are doing everything right and its showing your blood sugar results near normal!! Flipping great. Don't be disappointed your an amazing lady and your determination is inspirational....keep going I believe in you x x

Claire I think that you've done brilliantly and you've e come a really long way. It's fab news and you deserve a bit pat on the back.

You are are definitely on the right track and you're eating the right things and the right amounts. It's also fantastic about your health improvements too.

Go celebrate your weight loss girl!! Xxxx

Hi Beep, I've lost 12lbs so today I'm 15st 2lb. I can't lie, I'm a bit disappointed. I was really hoping for quite a bit more. When they sat me back in the waiting room after weighing me I felt like crying. I'm on 900-1000 calories a day which my team are happy with and they want me stick to the balanced diet that I'm having. They put it into perspective a bit for me: I've lost 30% of my excess body weight in 4 months and with a sleeve they are only expecting me to lose 60% and that's over a 2 year period. So actually I'm not doing too bad. My blood sugars are neigh on back to normal. My lymphoedema is better. My feet are still a bit swollen but legs are good. So all in all, things are great and without my sleeve I would never have got even this far. I'm questioning my diet though and wondering if I should tweak it a bit. I have: oatsosimple in the morning but can only eat half Lunch is soup/couple of ryvitas with low fat spread/tuna salad Dinner is whatever I've cooked but have a very small portion. Snacks are fruit/low fat yoghurt/milky drunk. Hope you're good Beep? You're doing so well. :)
well done, you've done really well :) be pleased, definitely. It's great that your medical issues are improving too. Hang in there it's all going in the right direction.

Thanks ladies, I'm really grateful for your support.

I'm happy now :)

Let's all keep going..!

You know, I can honestly say that I'd have never managed to lose weight without my sleeve. It is the best move I've ever made.

Think I need to relax and not get hung up on what everybody else is doing.

Again, thanks for your input. It means the world..!

Is that 3 stone you've lost now Claire? I think you're doing really well don't worry if it's a bit slower than others they say it's the best way to lose it anyway X

Is that 3 stone you've lost now Claire? I think you're doing really well don't worry if it's a bit slower than others they say it's the best way to lose it anyway X

Hi MonaLisa,

yes, and when you say it like that, it sounds quite good :)

You're right, I need to stop worrying about other peoples great losses and concentrate on my own. X

Tbh, I think that's a fantastic result. You are doing everything right and its showing your blood sugar results near normal!! Flipping great. Don't be disappointed your an amazing lady and your determination is inspirational....keep going I believe in you x x

Thanks love, keep those recipes coming..! I really loved the one before this, as did the kids :)

well done, you've done really well :) be pleased, definitely. It's great that your medical issues are improving too. Hang in there it's all going in the right direction.

The consultant told me off - in a nice way - for not concentrating on the medical issues, and you're right. It's great :)

Back