• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Getting banded this week...

Hi Poshlady :)

Yeah I am going to be positive I am sure I am worrying over nothing. I mean how can I loose 12 in two weeks and it not shrink my liver? I am not a drinker or smoker so I am sure my liver is in good shape to begin with and the pre op diet is doing what it should.
I am having it done with The Hospital Group. I see lots of other banders have gone with them too and are doing great so it is reasuring.
Funny thing is I bought new pants last week to go for surgery and after I read people saying you need to wear 100% cotton or you have to wear their paper pants or nothing :eek:. I am definitely NOT wearing nothing and I do not fancy paper pants. So I checked the new three pack I bought and they are 90% cotton 10% elastine :sigh: can you believe it! Lol just my luck. So I am going back to town tomorrow to get 100% cotton ones. I mean do they check if they are 100%? Am I being overly concerned? Oh dear :8855:see this is why I love this site, where else can you get people telling you info like you need 100% cotton pants lol? But it is all these little things that are a big help isnt it?
Now I am just waiting for the phone call on friday to tell me what time I have to arrive.

That's me about the knickers lol I'm known as the knicker lady on here now :) I had to wear paper ones as that happened too me I'm still embarrassed by it now poor dr el husani bet he still has nightmares now lol , good luck with the op hope all goes well xxx

Lol Snack, that is what I am afraid of. If I do not take the correct pants I will have to wear theirs and not knowing what they look like I am not too thrilled at the prospect. Do they give you a cap for your head also? Like a paper shower cap, or can you just wear your hair up? OMGoodness what a conversation paper hats and nickers :D who would have though lol....

Lol yep u get a very nice paper hat too but I don't think u have too wear it , I think u just wear it up but to be honest I woz bricking it so much I can't remember lol xx

This is a really weird conversation!! I didn't know about 100% cotton Knickers or hats!!!

to be honest I wore their pants with pride! Who cares how we look, they've seen it a million times over afterall? All made for better fotos lol :) x

Lol :D Yes PoshLady a weird conversation indeed. But if you don't ask you don't know right?

@Jo I am not too worried what I look like, its more the comfort aspect and after you come round feeling uncomfy in some paper pants :D And I don't think I am going to be in any shape to get up and change into my own comfy ones.

@snack :) Good to know. Did you feel fine afterwards? Was it not as bad as you were worried about? I guess I mean were you relieved after it was over that it was not as bad as you had anticipated?
Also did your surgeon and anethetist visit you before the op? Hope I am not being too nosey?

Oh no I remember as they were bringing me round they ripped them off me and left me pantless under the gown, but I was so drowsy I really didn't know/care lol :)

Lol bella ask away I was the same, TBH it didn't hurt half as much as I thought the worst days for me was 2/3 and that was mostly wind pain I didn't meet dr el husani on the day of the op but I had a fantastic guy who done bloods etc take me down and he was there when I came around talking too me very very nice guy , how bad is the pain well I used to have very bad period pains ( sorry of to much info ) and it wasn't half as bad as them , I just felt a bit sore and very tired for a few days after , did meet doc after op he was pleasant enough any more questions feel free too ask xxxx

I wasn't allowed to wear any pants when I went in!!!
He he I do love the conversations on here xx

I bought some m&s 100% cotton knickers (5 for £5) and I was allowed to wear them for my surgery. They were black too!! The knicker police at Dolan Park did have a look at them first tho! That was v funny. No way was I wearing theirs - they are see through :)

Lol Coppernob1971 Yup me too went out and got a three pack from Evans 100% cotton! See through:eek:!! So glad I put in an extra trip town before Saturday! See through :eek:!! I can't get over that :D:D

Now u know why I'm always on about the knickers I made the mistake and yes there very transparent poor doc got too see my Afro in all it glory ohhhh the shame x

Back