• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Getting my band on Wednesday

Well I am sure you know what your body is and isnt capable of :)

How are you managing with the water intake? I struggled and still am with that the most.

I reckon a week off for a band is do-able, same as any other laparoscopic procedure. But that's as long as everything's ok, I booked a week's leave for my band as didn't want people to know, but ended up taking more time off as I had a few issues post op. If you are office based should be fine, but remember to get up and move about every hour, it'll make things easier. Good luck! Love my band, op date 16th Feb and already 17.5kg down :)

Hi everyone, amazed at how much better I feel already I was panicking yesterday. So hopefully tomorrow will see a further improvement. Still some windy issues but they are starting to ease off but mobility is much better and my stomach no where near as uncomfortable. Finding hot drinks easier to take than water, it seems to go down to fast, not painful but just a wee bit uncomfortable. Not had much in the way of soup or yoghurt appetite not back yet. Half a cup of soup yesterday and so far half a yoghurt today but having multi vitamins and plenty fluids so feel ok. Might be different when I'm back to work! Already feel lighter and excited to get those size 12's out one day. Thanks for all your support and comments, will let you know how work goes and weight loss. Keep me updated on all your progress xx ?

Been up, got the make up done hair blow dried and helped with a little bit housework. Now I'm pooped! Just trying to prep myself for real work still got today and tomorrow so getting there. How long does the sharp pain at the port last? Only feel it when I move certain ways but still takes the wind out my sales?! Hope everyone's well and having a relaxing Sunday xxx

Wow, that's not long away at all, the preop diet will get you off and running just make sure you've got everything in you need and be prepared - the end goal will be worth it. I'm sure your headaches will pass too after a couple of days your bodies craving the caffeine. That's great news I'm pleased for you sweetie, I'm over the worst of the pain back to work tomorrow and that will be me almost one week done on liquids, amazing how quickly the time flies by. Waiting to hear from hospital to book first fill date, should hear any day now. The staff at Dolan were fab, I was well looked after can't praise them enough! Good luck keep in touch xxxx ?

Oh no, is it only milk shakes or can you have soup as well? I only had to preop for a week and I was allowed shakes and soup and I had the odd ham salad just to keep me from going mad! You will be fine we know when we go into this that its the last resort so you will get through it. My other half is enjoying a glass of red just now and some kettle chips ..... I could do with the vino but not worried about the crisps so far ? have a good week speak soon x

Back