• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Goals

lollycakes

Hey everyone,

I know we all have weight loss goals we're aiming for, which is the reason we have chosen weight loss surgery, but for me, it isn't the thought of being slim that has motivated me to do this, it's more about the things I want to do with my life that have pushed me towards making this decision.

So, what kind of 'life goals' do you have? Do you want to travel the world, get married, have babies, start a new job, what's your goal?

Laura x
:)

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

I know we all have weight loss goals we're aiming for, which is the reason we have chosen weight loss surgery, but for me, it isn't the thought of being slim that has motivated me to do this, it's more about the things I want to do with my life that have pushed me towards making this decision.

So, what kind of 'life goals' do you have? Do you want to travel the world, get married, have babies, start a new job, what's your goal?

Laura x :)

My goal to start was just to lose weight thus regaining control of myself, but i've recently found that losing weight isn't enough, i now want to be fit as well ! so my goal has shifted from the weight lose to fitness and exercise now, which in turn is increasing my muscle mass and speeding up my metabolism, which should help me longer term to maintain the weight loss i've achieved so far. And the upside is that i've found the saggy skin is slowly starting to tone up and tighten because of the level of exercise i'm doing !

I'm not sure what i really want to do long term, as i lose i'm finding i can do things i've never been able to do before, so life time achievments like being able to climb a mountain have already been met, my next big thing will be my holiday this year coming up in August, i'm looking forward to being able to get my kit of on the beach in public and not feel ashamed of myself anymore

I would just like to be able to buy clothes where I want to and not have to worry about things like aeroplane seatbelts etc not fitting. Life goals wise I'd like to get my weight down so I can hopefully have healthy babies.
x

Hi Laura
For starters hun the words on your post is very small I could hardly read it being so old ha ha .
My goals are to get healthy first . Learn to swim I'm 50 and cant swim , go horse riding with my granddaughter . I would luv to go back to Egypt the first time I was there the heat nearly killed me . And I would travel more and live life to the full . Good luck and take care .
Margaret xx

Some of my goals are small, some big...here are a few of them...

To be able to walk to the top of Glastonbury Tor without feeling I am gonna die.

To be able to shop in "normal" stores.

To go in a helicopter.

To go on hot air balloon.

To be fitter and happier.

To be able to walk down a street and not feel like a freakshow.

Well, I got married, I've travelled and I've had two babies - both grown up now. So my reasons for wanting this is that I'm terrified of my type2 diabetes because I have a friend who has had it for some years and is nearly blind. The second reason is purely vanity! I've been losing the battle of my weight for thirty years (I've just turned 60) and I feel that I have a lot of social life to catch up on. I am SOOOO looking forward to buying nice clothes, wearing boots that are loose around the calves, wearing high heels without aching ankles and actually looking forward to holidays instead of dreading them as I usually do. Good luck with your goals everyone. Marion xx

Hi
My reasons are -
to be healthy and feel healthy
to not have achey knees
to be able to do things with my young family like run, play, swim
to go on holiday and look like i am on holiday in strappy tops and skirt and shorts
to shop in a trendy shop
to feel sexy
to have nice underwear
to wear a skirt without my legs rubbing together
to be cool in hot weather
to look good
to be happy
to have confidence
to grow very old with no reason not to
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My reason are..................

Improve/cure pcos...............
Improve my oesto arthritis............
Improve/cure my asthma...............
Improve/cure my High Blood pressure............
Improve/cure my general well being...............
No other reason other then improve my other areas of my health full stop !!

All the best - MeJulie xx

To be honest most of my goals have been met in just 8 short months, I really liked your list Fatbutnot4eva so I will borrow it:

:) to be healthy and feel healthy
:) to not have achey knees/ankles/back
:) to be able to [STRIKE]run[/STRIKE](I'm still working in walking without falling:p), play, swim
:D to be able to try to have a young family
:) to shop in a trendy shop
:) to feel sexy
:):eek: to wear a skirt/dress without my legs rubbing together (walked home last night from city center which is 2.2 miles after doing an aqua fitness class without my legs rubbing!!!!!)
:confused: to be cool in hot weather, not so much cool just not overheated to the point I feel dizzy which did happen to me pre-op
:) to look good, I like how I look now
:) to be happy
:) to have confidence
:p to grow very old with no reason not to (looking forward to this one)

I guess my next goal would be just being able to maintain my losses and get more fit. I am hoping to get a bit more athletic now that I am smaller.

Nic:D

Sorry about the font size! I've made it bigger now. :)

My goals:

1. Get down to my dream weight.
2. Get an entirely new wardrobe filled with all the clothes and shoes I've wanted to wear but couldn't.
3. Go on holiday.
4. Have a baby. Lots of babies!

I would have to agree with a lot ppl so far. I have small goals such as being able to cross my legs when I sit, be able to walk without my legs rubbing together & not needing a seatbelt extension on planes. The big stuff ... well one of the things I want to do is to get critical illness cover which I cant at the moment cos I am too heavy.

My goal is going to be on the 20th january and that is to have our wedding vows re.done on a carribean island in a three quarter length slinky cream flowy dress, (no shoes) with all my family around. when we got married over 30 years ago I made the flowers, we went to the regestra, and then a pub lunch. Now I am just as happy with my hubby as the day we got wed he is my best buddy, and my rock, who loves me no matter if I am fat or thin. but i always wanted a beautiful wedding. My mum , dad, daughter, son in law, and all my beautiful grandchildren, i cant wait .:love047: G.M

I did this for my long term health.
To help lower my BP
To help my diebetes
Tohelp ease my brittle asthma
To walk further than the garden gate
To ride horses again (which I did last night on friends cob)
To be able to enjoy my grand children (when I get some)
AND to be able to live a long healthy life with my precious husband who has taken full care of me through my strokes and with my asthma and seizures. He's an absolute diamond and I want to be able to take care of him now.
To own my own horse (got him but not riding him yet)

Back