• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Going Private - anyone having bypass Nov?

Mandylyn67

Hi
I was left in limbo following my initial appointment at the L & D hospital after my BMI had dropped from 40.8 (GP referral) to 39.3 at the hospital.....:confused:

Now I no longer fitted the NHS criteria but still clinically obese II what were my options??:sigh::sigh:

Well, as I started to sink into a pit of self-pity at many attempts to get a loan approved failed, my fabulous mum stepped in and offered to loan me the money :woohoo:
I am seeing the consultant tomorrow evening and then the triple next week and surgery sometime (hopefully not too late in the month)!
TBH I wanted surgery next week but the consultant said I need a 'cooling off' period incase I change my mind......well that is not gonna happen!!

Anyone else bypassing Nov??

Hi Mandy,
I had my op on Friday ( 23rd Oct ) , and I'm home and recovering ( and dealing with the wind!). I had to use all my savings for my bypass but I'm convinced its worth it - my insurance for the future. I suspect you'll need at least two weeks from agreeing a date until surgery as you'll need to do the lovely liver shrinkage diet for 14 days beforehand. Good luck - let me know if you want to know any details xx

Good luck with the surgery Mandy, Welcome to the forum.

Back