• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

im going back on to the 500 cal a day diet today.

charley1987

after my milk diet i had lost about a stone then went on the 500 and maintained and now since i havent been a the diet i have put the weight back on :((.
So now im going back onto the diet upto my op on the 13th of may well at least till my pre op on the 27th of april when i re start the milk diet.
Im so looking forward to my op im haveing a gastric bypass with mr date at luton and dunstable hospital.

Hi Charley
Sorry to hear you have put the weight back on, i found it really hard to go back to food but once i started eating the 500 a day i just crave food again.
I am also at the L&D and also have Mr Date but i don't have a date yet for op, i am hoping it is soon.

500 calories a day is low to have unless the docs have put u on that hun! i was at L&D and they only asked me 2 do the milk diet twice.. once for the 5% and the other 2 shrink the liver. and its quite along time to be eatin 500 cals for - im only 12 weeks out but already eat double that a day! xx

i said that! the diet pre op is the hardest thing by far but all id say is dont make it harder on yourself by doing it longer than u should. :) x

they have put me back on it and if it was up to them i was on the milk diet for a month and since then i should have been on the 500cal a day diet my milk diet was around november i think they r being mean to me :(

Our surgeons and dietitians say they are aware how hard it is for people to stay on a very restricted diet and only ask us to do it for 6 weeks prior to the op.(Heartlands)

Back