• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Good kick up the a**!

LuLuXo

Hi guys! Hope you're all well! I used to be on here quite often, but have been coming on less and less recently.

I was 24 stone and got down to 15.9...then I met my boyfriend (excuses, excuses ;) ) and when things got more settled between us I started to get a bit TOO comfortable and relaxed food-wise...:eek:

I just went to healthier weight for a fill yesterday after not having one for a whole year and I have managed to put on a stone and a half! I got a fill which means I now have 9.2ml in 10ml band and so I am well and truly back on the bandwagon after allowing my weight to creep up and giving myself a true case of the fear!:cry:

I decided to come back on here to get some control back and put myself back on track, I really want to make it to 14 stone as that was my original goal weight. Although it hasn't crept up SO much considering I have been eating basically what I want for the last year or so, it is creeping in the wrong direction and I refuse to go back to where I started!

I have re-downloaded my fitness pal (which used to be my bible), so looking for a good boot up the ass and some motivation! If i could lose another three stone I would be really happy! I'm on my second day of liquids today and I am already feeling sick of the sight of soup. I forgot this feeling! :p:sigh:

Oh well! Onwards and downwards so they say :p

Lu xx

Welcome back hunni :) its scary how easy it is to do once the focus goes somewhere else !! i'm too battling a wee gain and am back to 110% focus... back to weighing, logging blah blah seems we can't afford to take our eye of the ball too often....

GOod luck thus far :) so pleased you've found love along the way too. Good luck on getting yourself back on the wagon and here's to some fab losses to come x x x x x

Hey Crystal,

Thanks for your kind words! It is nice being in a relationship...but the urge to watch movies and snacks does not make the weight loss any easier! Massive congrats on your loss! 107 lbs is amazing! I am training to be a H E lecturer at the moment and also buying a flat. Not complaining but seriously want to graze allll the time haha. Im on day two of liquids today, just making myself some soup as we speak for later! I really find being on here helps. Just knowing other people are going through it is really useful and helps to keep my mind focused (if not a bit obsessive lol). We are going to Portugal for a week on the 8th of may and I want to be about 16.2 by then... maybe being over ambitious but we shall see! Got a wedding in July and then Mexico in September. Hopefully I will be less whale like by then ;)

Have you had a fill recently? how are you finding it?

Lu xxxx

Hi there,

Well considering you haven't had a fill for a year I think you're gain isn't big.
I suppose one thing to do is try replacing the snacks for something else...I'm a really graizer especially when Im working but they could maybe be replaced with other treats like doing your nails, new magazine, working towards an item of clothing...etc...

It's tough but the wait you've lost is beyond impressive. It's incredible. Keeping going and take each day at a time x x maybe set mini goals too. Paper chase do a lovely goals diary!!

All the best!!

I guess we all know what we 'should' be doing LOL its putting it into practice when normal life resumes ..... and lets be honest its an up hill battle trying to stay on top of everything....sometimes something has to give, and its normally us LOL Lets be honest its a head game.... if the heads in the right place its easy, not so easy when things are stacked against us ie. house moves, holidays and other half's lol especially if they can eat without any trace !!!

I'm still empty LOL had my op started to lose well so hospital didn't fill....time went on and they still feel i have surpassed all expectations so still empty..... so yup doing it alone really....thats ok because i've lost pretty much what i wanted to lose BUT not so keen to be going back upwards again lol i know its my head so if i can get that back into line the eating will fall back into place.... no amounts of fills will fix that one LOL I have given myself till end of month then i shall call hospital..... a fill may just give me that fear factor back again eh :)

Crystal that's amazing ! You've never had a fill ? That must be almost unheard of !
Then you really have done exceptionally well ..
Will you ever have a fill ?

wow crystal thats really great. Just think, you havent even started feeling restriction yet and already have done so so well! youll be at your goal weight in no time! i just had some of my soup it was really nice but maybe im just saying that because im starving haha. xx

Thanks blossom! I do feel like although i have done well that recently i have let myself down a bit but i am pleased that i have decided to do something about it before the gain got TOO big! i have a lot of nice things to look forward to as well which always makes motivation much easier. In regards to your question about whether i feel restriction, before my fill yesterday i did have some but not much as it had been a whole year and the band tends to get a bit slack over time. at the moment i am feeling some but i cant tell how much yet as I am still on liquids. When are you scheduled to have your first fill? are you excited/nervous?

lu xx

Crystal that's amazing ! You've never had a fill ? That must be almost unheard of !
Then you really have done exceptionally well ..
Will you ever have a fill ?

LOL certainly unheard of at my hospital lol my n urse says i should write a book LOL :eek:

wow crystal thats really great. Just think, you havent even started feeling restriction yet and already have done so so well! youll be at your goal weight in no time! i just had some of my soup it was really nice but maybe im just saying that because im starving haha. xx

Hmmm well i may get there sometime....just taking the long route via a few holiday breaks along the way LOL :rolleyes: but i always know i have my back up :D

Just popped up to say howdy!

Hey guys and thanks for all the motivational messages! really means a lot. I had two food related dreams last night. In the first one I was starving and was queuing up in my corner shop to buy a chicken pie LOL and then I realised when I got to the counter after queuing for about fifteen minutes that I had a gastric band and was still on liquids. In the next dream I was at a water park waiting to go on a slide but the woman in front of me was so big that the slide got blocked :| I dont know what all these dreams are about but im sure it is some subconcious message to keep me on track haha. I remember when I first got banded one day I woke up crying because I had a dream that I had eaten a crisp looool. How are you all doing today?

Crystal I am holiday OBSESSED seriously its all i think about:cool: where are you going? anywhere nice??

lu xx

LOL OMG food dreams LOL things must be bad LOL i heard a joke o e time about someone dreaming they were eating a giant marshmallow ....when they woke up they were eating their pillow LOL

WOnt be long and back to normal foods :) who needs a pie anyway!!!!

Hopefully the holiday thoughts will help keep you on the straight and narrow..... hand up a bikini so you see it and dream yourself into it (even if you never do) God i try any kind of motivational tool i can :) i've got boards and motivation words up everywhere ..... small clothes in full view........ and numbers i need to get to before my next holidays :) 166 is next holiday target ...not sure i'll ever get back there again ;)

Devon is where we hang out mostly.....well travelled me LOL 2 hours in the car is more than enough :) x x x

Hope were all well today.....

LOL OMG food dreams LOL things must be bad LOL i heard a joke o e time about someone dreaming they were eating a giant marshmallow ....when they woke up they were eating their pillow LOL

WOnt be long and back to normal foods :) who needs a pie anyway!!!!

Hopefully the holiday thoughts will help keep you on the straight and narrow..... hand up a bikini so you see it and dream yourself into it (even if you never do) God i try any kind of motivational tool i can :) i've got boards and motivation words up everywhere ..... small clothes in full view........ and numbers i need to get to before my next holidays :) 166 is next holiday target ...not sure i'll ever get back there again ;)

Devon is where we hang out mostly.....well travelled me LOL 2 hours in the car is more than enough :) x x x

Hope were all well today.....

Hey Crystal, how you going? this weekend was hard! I'm feeling a bit down about the diet today although I'm just trucking on. I never used to feel like this when I was really going for it and lost all my weight before. I guess i dont dislike myself as much as i used to LOL. I had a boiled egg this morning and have put some lamb meatballs in a slow cooker for dinner. Im gonna have it with that courgetti spaghetti... first time trying it. Im finding it really hard to drink enough water so need to step up my drinking game too! How have you been over the weekend?? and as for the bikini comment, i think i would rather die!! hahahahaha. God no matter how skinny i got, i dont think anyone is ready for this jelly!! :D

Hope youre doing well

lu xx

LOL yeah i know.... jelly bellies hanging all over the place, not a pretty sight eh LOL

Hang in there girl, it gets easier.....try and steer clear of junk foods, its like a drug....healthy in = healthy thoughts (i find anyway) didn't have a bad weekend but not fantastic either..... weekends are my days for easing of the pedal..... well done for hanging in there..... I love courgetti spaghetti :) and cauli rice..... got all the gadgets and use them often :) drinking more always helps the hunger pangs too, i'm on a teatox for 2 weeks, thats certainly doing something lol not sure if its the increased fluids or the herbs but i'm certainly visiting the ladies room more often...which = more steps up and down the stairs LOL every little helps, as they say :)

YOur menu for the day sounds fab....not so organised here.... boring salads i expect lol haven't started too well today....porridge for breakfast, although made with water always starts my crave for comfort food :( will try and pull it back by the end of the day :) 1 good day under the belt is all we need ....

Have a great day hunni speak soon,,,,enjoy that courgetti spaghetti x x x

thanks! and whats a teatox?? sounds awful lool. my courgettispag came out well. Think im gonna get on the porridge tomorrow keep me fuller for longer... saw some oats so simple i might steal from the cupboard lol. I did really well today only towards the end i really wanted to snack so i had some low fat humous and carrot sticks and few slices of turkey ham.... what have you had today??

xx:flirt2:

Attachments

• IMG_0271.jpg
    IMG_0271.jpg
    497.4 KB · Views: 10
That looks good ! Yum !

looks yummy :) well done hunni..... Teatox is one of those detox herbal teas..... i felt i need to detox after my splurge on sugar lol there's several different ones on the market.... tbh it was a spare of the moment purchase from H&B saw it in the window called bootea LOL sounded perfect.....

SO today.....i've not been perfect but i had porridge this morning....back to protein tomorrow tho.... lunch was a grab it quick crackers with soft cheese..... dinner was jacket potato with beans spiced up with curry powder onions mushrooms and peppers :) 3 coffees and 2 digestives eeekkk promise i'm back on it tomorrow tho.....

Shall we kick off the banders weigh in thread again ???

Happy banders unite :) wooohooooo x x x x

Yes crystal ..
Start a new one or open up the old one ?

Could include recipes and ideas also.

Back