• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

good new v bad

hopelesscase

well i got the results of my biopsi today and it was the same as 6 months ago slight abnormality so will repeat in 6 months so that that shelved for another 6 months.
Unfortunatly over the past week i have developed a burning an stabbing pain in my right breast that has gradually got worse. on top of that my cold had developed into a rather productive cough(tmi sorry) so i took myself off to the Dr's this morning.
She gave me a thourough check over including blood pressure 120/70 yipee
and said that because of the area of pain and how it goes from a constant burning to a riping sensation she was concerned that i may be starting with shingles although i dont have a rash yet.
But because of my cough she was going to treat me with antibiotics incase it is the lymph that has an infection in.
Just hoping that is just an infection and doesent develop into anything else.
If the pain persists after i have finished the course i have fot to go back.

Still bright and cheery as my friend arrived with an assortment of dresses for me to try for some functions that i have coming up and they are gourgouse she goes on lots of cruises.

how excitd am i like a kid in a candy store!!!!

Hope you feel better soon! six months is a long time to wait to be tested again though isnt it!?

Sorry you are having a rough time with infections etc. Hope the boob thing clears up with the anti-biotics. Shingles is yuck I had it a few years ago and I still get the pain across the nerve pathway under my shoulder blad and boob it is very unpleasant, so I am hoping that is not what it is Carole
Nice to have someone to be able to borrow nice frocks from lol and even nicer to be able to fit into them woo hoo
Have fun trying them all on, and hope you can decide which one to choose.
Fingers crossed for better health Carole

Jay xx

Hope you feel better soon! six months is a long time to wait to be tested again though isnt it!?

Have to wait 6 months for there to be enough cells regenerated for the smear. luckly this last time they were able to get a clear reading from the smear so im not worried.
will only panik when told too. lol

Have to wait 6 months for there to be enough cells regenerated for the smear. luckly this last time they were able to get a clear reading from the smear so im not worried.
will only panik when told too. lol

Oh I see, no point in worrying like you said then. Have fun trying on the dresses :D

Hay you ifin you need any help kissing that better you just holler, I'll do it at mates rates too LOL :kissass: :D:D:D

Your positive attitude shines through Carol. I like that in a woman rather than the constant whinging you see on these forums sometimes. Inspirational you is

Hope you feel better soon babycakes xxxx

hi hc
hope its not shingles its horrible hugs xx

Glad the results are good news, can't wait to see pics of some of these frocks!

Oh my dear, well best listen to the doc and take good care of your wee self. I am happy that the smear results did not point to anything drastic, that is a good sign. Sorry to hear you have a cold hun, please don't share okay??? Thanks for the bras btw! I am crossing my fingers for you that you are feeling well very soon.

I am jealous of you about the dresses, all my mates seem to be smaller than me so no sharing! Enjoy it!

Nic:D

hi HC i hope you feel better soon im ill to and have antibys and its no fun but no good moaning, life is good i hope you have great fun with all the dresses to try on x x x x x x

Glad your feeling positive Carole! Happy days all round! Good luck getting better with anti's xxx

hi HC i hope you feel better soon im ill to and have antibys and its no fun but no good moaning, life is good i hope you have great fun with all the dresses to try on x x x x x x

Both you and Carol display the positive attitude that I love in a woman. loves you both do I xxx

Hay you ifin you need any help kissing that better you just holler, I'll do it at mates rates too LOL :kissass: :D:D:D

Your positive attitude shines through Carol. I like that in a woman rather than the constant whinging you see on these forums sometimes. Inspirational you is

Hope you feel better soon babycakes xxxx

its probably snogging the face off you the other night thats got me where i am now:flirt2:

but he who's complaining:D

only joking mrs k:)

In my best southern drawl (erh that's deep south not darn south) Why lady Well, if that don’t put pepper in the gumbo!

well i got the results of my biopsi today and it was the same as 6 months ago slight abnormality so will repeat in 6 months so that that shelved for another 6 months.
Unfortunatly over the past week i have developed a burning an stabbing pain in my right breast that has gradually got worse. on top of that my cold had developed into a rather productive cough(tmi sorry) so i took myself off to the Dr's this morning.
She gave me a thourough check over including blood pressure 120/70 yipee
and said that because of the area of pain and how it goes from a constant burning to a riping sensation she was concerned that i may be starting with shingles although i dont have a rash yet.
But because of my cough she was going to treat me with antibiotics incase it is the lymph that has an infection in.
Just hoping that is just an infection and doesent develop into anything else.
If the pain persists after i have finished the course i have fot to go back.

Still bright and cheery as my friend arrived with an assortment of dresses for me to try for some functions that i have coming up and they are gourgouse she goes on lots of cruises.

how excitd am i like a kid in a candy store!!!!

Delighted to hear your good news Carole and nice to be so spoilt for choice when it comes to clothes.

Sorry to hear you might be getting shingles, I have had them four times down the years, always in the same place around my waist.

On one occasion my doctor gave me a b12 injection, just the one and that reduced the symptoms and length of time I was suffering with them dramatically.

Vitamin B12
Dr. Melvyne Werbach, in his book Nutritional Influences on Illness, reports that in a research study 21 patients suffering with herpes zoster showed a dramatic improvement in symptoms. By the second or third day of treatment, using 1 mg injection of B12 per day, their pain was relieved and blisters rapidly disappeared. In a paper published in the journal Geriatrics researchers recommended using 1mg of vitamin B12 injected daily for six days and weekly for six weeks to treat the pain associated with herpes zoster. Pain reduction occurred in two days, even in post-pain syndrome that had continued for months to years. Vitamin B12 taken in sublingual form has been found to shorten the duration of herpes outbreaks and reduce pain. Shingles

Also used another time antiviral medication one of the medications mentioned below but I can not remember which one it was...I also got great relief from it as well, it was a course of tablets taken over a few days and at the time it was very expensive.

Antiviral medications, such as acyclovir (Zovirax), valacyclovir (Valtrex), and famciclovir (Famvir), can decrease the duration of skin rash and pain, including the pain of PHN. These medications must be started early (up to about 24-72 hours after rash development) in the disease to have any benefit. Your doctor will decide which medications you may need. In special cases (for example, immunosuppressed patients), the antiviral medication may need to be given intravenously in the hospital. Shingles Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, and Medications by eMedicineHealth.com

Hopefully you don't have Shingles, it is not very nice but if you do think you are see if your Doctor can give you something to help shorten the duration and symptoms. The first time I got Shingles I had the bad nerve pain as well, I got barely walk with it.

The best way I could describe the pain before the blisters show is like when your clothes brush against very bad sunburn...like a nettle sting.

Love Mini xxx

Hi Carole, sorry to hear that you're not 100%. I really hope you haven't go shingles but, the suggestions by Mini might be worth a try if you have got shingles.

Have a great time trying on the dresses. It was lovely to see you the other night.

Rebirth

Delighted to hear your good news Carole and nice to be so spoilt for choice when it comes to clothes.

Sorry to hear you might be getting shingles, I have had them four times down the years, always in the same place around my waist.

On one occasion my doctor gave me a b12 injection, just the one and that reduced the symptoms and length of time I was suffering with them dramatically.

Also used another time antiviral medication one of the medications mentioned below but I can not remember which one it was...I also got great relief from it as well, it was a course of tablets taken over a few days and at the time it was very expensive.

Hopefully you don't have Shingles, it is not very nice but if you do think you are see if your Doctor can give you something to help shorten the duration and symptoms. The first time I got Shingles I had the bad nerve pain as well, I got barely walk with it.

The best way I could describe the pain before the blisters show is like when your clothes brush against very bad sunburn...like a nettle sting.

Love Mini xxx

thanks mini
the dr has said if i develop ant blisters to go phone and she will sort me some meds out.
But im keeping my fingers crossed.

Back