• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Good News two appointments booked

penguina

Hi ya'll

I took the bull by the horns today and phoned the co ordinator for Cornwall. A letter is in the post for a 'group meeting' (not sure what this is) on 18th February, and a meeting with the consultant on 15th March.

At the moment the waiting time is 8 weeks for Cornwall, but this is because of Christmas and usually runs about 4 weeks. So with luck and a head wind I should be set for April or May. YAAAAAYYYYYYY.

The icing on the cake (WHO SAID CAKE?!!) is: All these appointments will be in Truro saving about 200 miles per round trip. And all being good, risk wise, I should have the op at Truro.

They also said to start the statins as I will have a good three months on them, so it is worth it.

I had better start that post Christmas diet today!

Thanks for all the support so far. Trisha

Aww thats great news, you could be done and dusted within a few months :D Cornwall seems to have a good turnaround....Good Luck with the post Christmas diet :D XX

Great news for you lovey. Great start to the new year x

Thanks sugga - I shall follow in your footsteps, not long for you now - good luck.

Dotty, my skinny hubby has piles of chocolate around still, I keep telling him to hide it but... And he has a 50th Birthday this month, and we are going to Devon to friends. I shall have to say a big NO to her fabulous farmers wife cooking :-(

But it will be so worth it. I just had to tell 'someone' who understands.

Resisting bad foods for me has become so much easier since surgery, I had little willpower before apart from one or two occasions....but since surgery the feeling that I want chocolate or cr*p foods is no longer there! I know it wont last forever but I intend to make the most of it :D If hubby wont hide the choccie Id throw it in the bin ;) XX

That's fabulous news. Not long to wait at all.
Good luck with the pre-op diet hun x

Thanks for the encouragement, it is so nice.

Temptation is one of my problems too, I would rather abstain than have in moderation. When I went to weight watchers last time, I did the all you can eat of the free foods rather than the points. Lost half a stone then nothing for about 4 months so got disheartened. Now I know it was probably my thyroid.

2011 is going to be a good year!

Great News for you Trisha....everyone does better with a goal to aim towards. The group meeting is run by a bariatric nurse & dietician. They basically do a couple of short presentations...the nurse covers the operation, i.e. different types, how they are performed, what to expect, hospital stay etc, then the dietician does her bit, which, no surprises, covers what/how to eat post-op & in the longer term to achieve good weight loss & maintain it. It's very informal & there are plenty of opportunuites to ask questions. Hth xxx

Thanks Beccles I can't wait till I can post an actual op date like you have, that is the advantage of going private. I see you are also Hypo. Have they said how it will impact on your thyroid problem. I think the medication will be reduced, as there is less weight to lug around. Are you on Levo? Interested if you have been told anything. I hope the 13th isn't a Friday LOL!

Thanks Angie on the nod up on the group meeting. I will try to think of my questions and write them down, as things go straight out of my head. It is fantastic news Truro has come on line, I shall keep my fingers crossed for that one. One of the nurses at my surgery has had a band and the first time I met her, she lifted her top and showed me her scars - we are pretty informal after that!!

Back