• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got letter of confirmation-BLUMMERS!!!!

Shadylawns

This is really, really it now!! Two letters in one envelope - my pre-op assessment appointment and my actual op appointment!!

They'd told me over the phone it was 17 May, but the letter states it's actually Thursday 16th May.

So now I'm having another panic, I should be ok later!!:)

As usual, I'm worried that on Wednesday, they'll see that I've put weight on and turn me away. So I need to lose erm, 10lbs by Wednesday afternoon :eek: haha!

Can anyone tell me what they'll do at the pre op, apart from weigh me?

Mrs Lawns (Ill have to get a signature.....)
X

:argh:

That's wonderful I bet you've read it three times.

I can't imagine them turning you away for that and have you considered amputation, lol that the only way I could lose 10lbs in 4 days ha!

Bet it feels so real now!! :) Congrats :)

It is sooo real now, I'm feeling very distracted, haha, keep putting things back in the wrong place, and doing random things (more random than usual!).

It'll be Wednesday before I know it!

X

Great news xx

Hello i was done at sunderland and they can turn you away if you have put on. They may do that or they may say to you that on the day of the operation you need to get that off. so by the time your operation day is here they weigh you on the morning. At the pre op your asked questions, weighed, about 7-8 bloods taken, mrsa tests, not nice but has to be done. i am 4 weeks out on tuesday. But i had put on when i went to seee consultant, and was told i had to go back and get it off, when i got it off and went back i waited a few weeks got camera appointment through, and i asked then what would happen if i had gained between now and operation and i was told that they can put you back to the start or end your journey, or they can give you the chance to get it off before operation. either way i stuck to it like glue and i had a phone call for operation in 2 weeks time knowing that i had put on the first week i dieted followed one of the preops in leaflet, then when it came to doing my milk diet i was still loosing weight. but i had to cancel my pre op assessment date as i couldnt make it through which they made it for 3 days before the operation so that helped me make sure that i had enough time to loose what i needed to plus a little extra on the milk diet. so when pre op came and i was weighed the first thing i said to the nurse is please check i have not gained and i hadnt phew! lost 13poound doing the 10 day milk diet. so they may suggest that you need to loose it on the pre op ready for the operation. good luck hun. i know its hard to get it off and keep it off thats why we are there for, but some docs are very strict with gains. x

Oh Kelly, I do hope they don't send me away. I'll never do it if they do that. I'm so insecure I feel like I've failed at my size all my life.

:(

i know its hard the long wait between each appointment is the worst. at seminar i was weighed next appointment i had put on. next appointment i had put on. was told bluntly loose it or loose appointment. given a new target. waited 9 month for appointment instead of the 3 month he said. then when i went back i had lost it. waited for camera had that done. then i had put on about 10 pound between camera, then had a cancellation so i was told i had op date did i want it. yes please... panic struck spoke to others at the srh who told me if i dont loose it they could tell me to go home cancel op and wait til i lost. i had asked one of the consultants when i had camrea done what would happen if i gained as i have a period every 2 weeks and gain up to 5 pounds then loose it a week later, knowing that my dates were all going to fall on the naughty dates i fretted. he said 3 choices, can send you back home and start from scratch, told to go home loose it and then op, or loose it by the time you come in for admittance for op depending on how the consultant wanted you to be. as the pre op tends to shift some weight. you still have two days to do it hun. try drinking lots of water, mullerlight yoghurt breaky, fruit snack, salad lunch, jacket and salad and ham for tea something like that. something healthy lots of water, fruit and at least you can get some off before wednesday. tell them that you started working out more. as that always made me put on a for a few weeks instead of loose as it changed body shape then the loss started, good luck x didnt want to scare you but it can happen x

Thanks Kelly, I only have myself to blame don't I? I've been eating Activia 0% fat yogurts, drinking lots of water, I've had ham, fresh pineapple, strawberries, couple of tbls of beef chilli but only the meat, no carbs. I'm expecting my Syntrax Nectar protein stuff to arrive tomorrow, so I'll get stuck into that ASAP.;)

you will do it hun think positive. i know its harder than you think and when people say we take the easier option that is total lies, food is addictive and its hard when we dont feel full. you can do it hunny. dont let nothing or no one get in your way x x

I don't think any body has been this kind and supportive to me about my weight before!!

Thanks girlies xx

aww hun i know how you feel a quick little bio about me, im 31 two boys aged 12 and 10. always been bigger than all my friends growing up, always the fat one looking horrendous in evans clothes, when all friends were in topshop. I always hated myself. 2-3 years ago i was 21st 9lb. I lost 15lb on own. then joined slimming world as i couldnt get anymore off. Lost another stone and half. when i went to seminar i was 16st 9 pound. took over a year to get there and going gym 6 days a week. Then when i went for my next appointment i was back up to 18stone. i was shocked. so i joined slimming world again. and was given another chance by srh. went back home and lost 29 pound slimmign world and got down to 17st 7lb. Still i knew that i needed to get more off. Had camera and then cancellation for operation. I went on a strict diet following one of the easy pre ops in the booklet. food one. until my milk diet started. Did the milk diet. for 10 days lost 13 pound. then the night before the operation i had a call it was cancelled cos i was getting the loop they couldnt do it on weekend. luckily mr small got me back in on the monday and had op the tuesday. weight to me and food is like a drug to a drug dependent person, same as drink is to alcoholic. and it annoys me when people dont understand that food is just as addicitive. it is hard and people say if you want it hard enough you will do it. but not everyone succeeds and its not cos we dont want it sometimes we give in and havent got the will power. i am now 4 weeks post op tomorrow. and so far i lost 10 pound some loose more than that but at the moment im happy with it. hope it comes up a bit faster. but one thing for sure i have not had a gain! only a loss no matter how small its a loss. you can do it hun. just think of yourself being slim hun go out this week treat yourself to something in the sale a top in 2-3 sizes smaller, try it on take a picture no matter how tight it is then next time you try it in you will be smiling as it gets looses and looses until one day it will either fit or be too big! then you can look at yourself and smile,., x i cant wait to be able to run around with my kids, go on rides, look nice in clothes, i still own, 4 large big baggy jumpers, 1 pair of primark materrail boots, and 2 flossys, and 2 leggins and one black trousers, thats it, i dont buy clothes i hate looking at self i am comfy in oversized nightys and long pjs, and slippers, so i hope one day i can feel confident and go out and buy something other than black and something girly and something to make me smile. x x x

Kelly,

I hate clothes buying, too, what's the point when nothing looks nice? I like your idea of buying something a bit smaller and take pics of it! But I think I'm still so convinced I'll fail again, that I daren't buy anything!! Maybe I might though, like you said, just something in the sale, maybe with buttons which won't fasten.....yet!!;)

one day it will fit you hun and you wont fail. i lost 13pound pre op milk diet. then i lost 6 pound the first week after operation. nothing second week. and 3 half the third week so far my journey has not been as fast as i thought it would be. but hey its coming off and its not coming on . you wont fail hun x

Good luck lovely, keep up with the protein n fruit and keep carbs as low as possible nad the fluids goin in, that will all help when do you get weighed next and what date did you say you at hops for pre op?

Good luck lovely, keep up with the protein n fruit and keep carbs as low as possible nad the fluids goin in, that will all help when do you get weighed next and what date did you say you at hops for pre op?

I'm there tomorrow, they weigh me in kilos there, I've lost three in the last few days, I'm now 110kgs - but that's more or less what I was at my last visit for the gastroscope back in November!

Hopefully they'll understand that it's been hard for me to keep the weight where it is and not put a shed load on in the last few months, cos I could have put loads on, that's for sure...

I've been having smallish meals comprising mainly protein in the form of my protein shake, cottage cheese, lean meat, yogurt, boiled eggs. Bit of carbs, 1 slice of brown bread, lots of strawberries, apples, salad and veg.

I've even been drinking each morning a supplement called "Thermo Bubbles". Its an effervescent powder which you mix with water, it contains lots of minerals and extracts, such as plenty of chromium, guarana, and random things. Blummin dear it was, as well! I don't think it's made any difference!!:eek:

Obviously, once I get tomorrow's appointment over with I can move on. I really hope they'll give the green light for May's op date, then I can start planning the rest of my life!! I'm raring to go now!!!:D

XX

Back