• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got my cpap funding at last

Jane

Really happy that after a long wait (since September) I have finally been told have funding for my cpap.

My wls is dependant on having been using the mask for six weeks, and losing 15kg.

the weight I think I can do within the time left in this financial year (my pts have stopped all ops for this year as they have run out of cash), so that was the last hurdle.

Just shows that making phone calls does work!

Now just need to stick to a very strict diet. Once I have lost 8 or 9 kg I am going to ring and try and book a date for April/May.

Starting to feel this is now becoming a reality at last.

Congrats - I'm really pleased for you.

I bet you can now see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Great news for you lovey xxx

Brilliant news! I'm amazed you've had to wait for funding for cpap though. I've never heard of that one before.

I'm amazed you've had to wait for funding for cpap though. I've never heard of that one before.
On my sleep test I was awake quite a lot and in and out of the loo with slight sickness, so my results showed 'moderate' apnea.

Had I slept all night I think the results would have been a bit different. When you don't have a severe problem you have to wait upto 18 weeks for funding to be looked at. Those with severe sleep apnea I believe get funding within a couple of weeks.

So I was warned that there was a slim chance I may not even get funding. Had that been the case I would have had to self fund, as nothing is going to stop me getting that surgery now!

On my sleep test I was awake quite a lot and in and out of the loo with slight sickness, so my results showed 'moderate' apnea.

Had I slept all night I think the results would have been a bit different. When you don't have a severe problem you have to wait upto 18 weeks for funding to be looked at. Those with severe sleep apnea I believe get funding within a couple of weeks.

So I was warned that there was a slim chance I may not even get funding. Had that been the case I would have had to self fund, as nothing is going to stop me getting that surgery now!

My husband has moderate sleep apnoea and didn't have to wait for funding. I have severe sleep apnoea and i didn't either. Maybe it depends on your PCT, as with so many other things.:sigh:

I'm very pleased for you that it's been sorted in any case.
Grace xxx

I "only" have moderate osa but didnt need funding,,, maybe this is part of the postcode lottery that is mentioned sometimes in the paper's?

hi what are the test that they do for sleep apnea as i will be seeing someone soon for this, i snore soo loud the upstairs neighbour can hear me snoring:eek:

Bonny, I had to go into the hospital and sleep there. I was wired up to some type of oxygen recording device, there was a video going all night with sound.

I was then called back a month or two later to go through the results.

My husband had the home one only six months or so before I had the overnight stay, so not sure how they work out which one you have. It's possibly dependant on other medical conditions as I have respiratory problems as well.

Hope your test works out well for you.

Back