• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got my date today!!! Bypass here I come... And then I was SLEEVED

Lisa876

Lisa, just keep sip sipping even when you don't think you need a drink, it's hard but worth it, have you tried hot drinks I found it easier to drink small cups of tea or coffee also milk either hot or cold. I was so worried about being dehydrated it gave me the push I needed. X

Thanks @lin davey I'm trying to contact this but between the burping and feeling full, it's a wee bit of a challenge. Saying that I live for challenges and so far today I've had a 250 ml of water, 2 cups peppermint tea, a glass of alpro coconut yoghurt thinned with alpro coconut milk, 2/3 of a shake and small glass diluted innocent smoothie. Hoping to have some soup or options hot choc before bed...

Lisa876

Just keep trying your best to get the liquids in - trying for more the whole time, it's basically constant sipping - by the clock if you have to. When I was struggling, one of @Lilacglittergirl 's posts about sipping 120/125ml every hour helped me as that was small amounts I could manage and then clock watching meant I upped my fluids in the first 1.5 week. After that I swapped to having more substantial fluids for b/l/d (such as soup and drinking yoghurt etc) and getting set amounts of fluid in between, e.g., a cup before and after breakfast, 2 between lunch and dinner etc... All the best @Lisa876 :). It's an ongoing effort, even now at 4 weeks out.
That sounds like a good approach @nafpnd... thank you. Think I'll perhaps give it a try in a day or 2... I feel so full most of the times - even when I'm getting those stabbing gas pains. I know it sounds silly but I'm so paranoid about stretching my new tiny stomach as well lol

Lisa876

So I'm now one week out and have no idea how much I've lost as my new scale that was acting up has now simply died... really want to walk to Boots on the High St to weigh myself but don't know if I can manage to walk that far yet though it's only about 10 minutes...
Random thoughts lol
Perhaps will give it a try after a nap so I'm well rested.

Lisa876

New scale arrive today- yayy! lol
Today's weight was 134.4 kg so that's a 5.6 kg loss since surgery 12 days ago, and a total of 16 kg since starting LSD 22/05.

My incisions are healing quite well too, though if i try to move around too much I feel some discomfort - as should be expected.

I am realllyyyy struggling with the liquid stage, thank God I only have 1 more day to go!! Heartlands advice pack states 2 weeks on liquid, 1 week puree and 1 week of soft foods before re-introducing normal foods. I've already bought some lean turkey mince and lamb mince (both 5% fat), salmon, sweet potatoes etc and can't wait to start having purees. I'm at the stage now where even the thought of another exante shake or soup makes me gag.
I tried making some drinkable (i.e. very thin) cornmeal porridge a few days ago, to add a bit of variety, and o..m...g... within 10 minutes I'd managed to have about a third of the mug when I simply went really weak and breaking out in a cold sweat. It was crazy! Hubby helped me back to bed and I slept for a good 3 hours lol. I think I may have been a bit silly by adding a bit of honey (I hate the aftertaste of artificial sweeteners) and as we were out of peanuts, I'd added a lil peanut butter for the extra protein as I'm still nowhere near my required protein intake. I won't be attempting that again any time soon!

All in all, feeling very positive and willing myself to heal quickly so I can start aquarobics etc. Soooo looking forward to a more active lifestyle and people have already started commenting on my glowing and slightly changed appearance
:wee::wee:

Lisa876

Today I'm 3 weeks post-op and weighed in at 132.5 - so I've lost 7.5 kgs since surgery.
I feel like loss has slowed down a bit but any progress is progress, right?

I'm still struggling to drink as much as I should but I'm still working on it.
Happily started on soft foods, and not a moment too soon! Liquids and mush had really started doing my head in though i appreciate that many others have been advised to do these stages twice as long as I have...

Overall 17.9 kgs lost altogether in under 2 months is more than I've ever lost in all the years of battling my weight, so I'll be grateful and go celebrate with a nice mug of Options Hot Chocolate, slowly sipped, of course;):)

Last edited:

FeeBee

Congratulations! You're doing really well x

nafpnd

Well done @Lisa876 , this is a great weight loss!

Lisa876

Thank you all for your encouragement. It means more than I can ever say.

Today marks 4 weeks post op and my weight check showed 129.7 kgs. I was dreading the "week 3 stall" and though the scale didn't shift the first 2 days, I'm quite pleased with the loss.
10.3 kgs lost since surgery and 20.7 kgs overall.
Hoping to increase my exercise levels this week and I am so happy to be back to normal foods.

FeeBee

Well done you :0clapper::)

nafpnd

You're doing really well @Lisa876 , great weight loss. Hope you're managing the liquids in this warm weather :)

Sunshine99

Well done! Your donig great! :0clapper:

nafpnd

Hi @Lisa876 , it's been a while, how is it going?

Lisa876

Hi @nafpnd Yes it has been a while my lovely! Thanks for checking in on me.
I've still been struggling a fair bit in terms of eating and drinking enough. I simply don't feel hungry and often times don't realise how long I've gone without eating until I get weak, dizzy or light-headed. I think this has resulted in my weight loss rate slowing down as I've had a few stalls, sometimes lasting 2-3 weeks...
I started at 150.4 kgs and weighed in this morning at at 120.2 so that's not too bad I think.
I walk 2-3 miles most days but with the cold creeping up us, arthritis is giving me a hard time as I have it in both feet and one knee; guess its time to join the gym!
How are you doing hon?

nafpnd

Thanks for the update @Lisa876. It's a time of learning in the early weeks after the op isn't it and we have to concentrate on picking up good habits. Yes, they say when we don't eat much the body goes into starvation mode and holds on to the calories resulting in a stall - can't win but I believe with persistent effort it starts moving again. Wow, 30kg is an amazing loss, well done you, keep at it and it will all come off :D. I also stalled but it seems to be coming off again now. The gym has been on hold cos of shoulder trouble which started after the op, my gp thinks I got bruised during the op so I'm taking some paracetemol and ibuprofen cream - I hope it heals quickly as I am hoping the gym will help with loose skin. Hope your arthritis improves as the weight drops off. take care xx

FeeBee

30kgs is very impressive! Well done you :)

MrsN

Just read your diary for inspiration - well done on your loss so far!