• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got my date today!!! Bypass here I come... And then I was SLEEVED

Lisa, I really hope you get a date soon! How frustrating it must be!

I really am frustrated @Branches... that and sooooh much more. I've given up on the other ''meals'' and have been sticking to just the shakes for a few days as I really couldn't bare eating them anymore...
I have been given another date (the second one since my cancellation) but haven't really said much about it perhaps out of fear of jinking it again! Lol

Mr Richardson was lovely Lisa, fingers crossed they keep to their word but the final say is with the theatre staff :-(
x

Ahhh I see. Thanks for that Lin. I tend to hate changes in particular when it comes to medical care providers (stems from social anxiety issues) but I wasn't 100% comfortable with the previous surgeon as speaking to him always felt like going 100 mph so hopefully I'll be more at ease with Mr Richardson

I had my band with Mr Richardson but was Pvt with THG. Although i had a revsion I thought he was ok the 2 times I saw him. I also know of a friend who had a band done by him Pvt. You are in good hands

I really am frustrated @Branches... that and sooooh much more. I've given up on the other ''meals'' and have been sticking to just the shakes for a few days as I really couldn't bare eating them anymore...
I have been given another date (the second one since my cancellation) but haven't really said much about it perhaps out of fear of jinking it again! Lol

All understandable! It's a big thing to get yourself so worked up about it and then for it to be cancelled! I can't imagine!

I just hope you get a date soon and it stays the date! lol x

Hi Lisa, sorry that you have been messed around with your date - it must be awful to be cancelled on the day when you are all set for it to happen!

I hope that you don't have to stay on the LSD too long and fingers crossed that your next date goes without any further delays.

Hi everyone! Guess where I am?
I'm in my room at the hospital recovering nicely after having surgery yesterday!

The surgeon ended doing a gastric sleeve due to internal scarring from previous surgeries I've had. The sleeve was my first choice initially so I was actually quite relieved when they mentioned before that it may still be a possibility.

I was first in at 9.30 and came around in recovery at about 12.25. I woke up with this absolutely awful pain in my chest and upper back apparently due to CO2 that they pumped into my chest during the operation. Took an hour of deep breathing oxygen and belching before they gave me a bit of morphine to help ease it.

Then got wheeled to my room where I've been snoozing on and off since. Hubby came by with our little princess in the afternoon and it was soo hard to hear her crying when she had to leave.

I've been taking little trips to the loo and sipping on water so hopefully they'll let me go home this afternoon.

Feeling a bit knackered again so will update further soon xx

Oh wow! Congrats! Glad it went well and hope they let you home this afternoon.

Wow Lisa, what fab news to hear! Well done for keeping it a secret!

You sound very upbeat so hopefully that means you are not in too much pain, and yay for poss only one night in hospital.

Wow Lisa, fantastic news, welcome to the losers bench, just take things easy and hope you manage to get home this afternoon. xx

Ooohh, done at last ! After all that uncertainty, well done you and welcome to the loser's bench. Hope they send you home soon, that will mean you've recovered well and it's definitely more comfortable at home. Do take it easy and here's wishing you a speedy recovery.

Congratulations :) I hope you're recovering well x

Thanks you lovely ladies! :-*

I was discharged on Tuesday evening so have been recovering at home. Wednesday was my birthday so obviously elated I got to spend it at home with my two favourite people...

I find that I'm really struggling to get enough down though... today I had an exante shake, a small mug of soup and maybe 2 glasses of water. That's nowhere near enough, is it?

Hi Lisa. You just have to try your best. I'm 16 days post op and still not able to drink as much as they recommend. Food wise. Take it easy and don't over eat. I'm still eating a couple of spoons and feeling really full.

Lisa, just keep sip sipping even when you don't think you need a drink, it's hard but worth it, have you tried hot drinks I found it easier to drink small cups of tea or coffee also milk either hot or cold. I was so worried about being dehydrated it gave me the push I needed. X

Thanks you lovely ladies! :-*

I was discharged on Tuesday evening so have been recovering at home. Wednesday was my birthday so obviously elated I got to spend it at home with my two favourite people...

I find that I'm really struggling to get enough down though... today I had an exante shake, a small mug of soup and maybe 2 glasses of water. That's nowhere near enough, is it?

Plenty considering you've not long been discharged you just have to build up. I applaud you for the exante shake as I can't stomach them anymore let alone post op lol. X

Just keep trying your best to get the liquids in - trying for more the whole time, it's basically constant sipping - by the clock if you have to. When I was struggling, one of @Lilacglittergirl 's posts about sipping 120/125ml every hour helped me as that was small amounts I could manage and then clock watching meant I upped my fluids in the first 1.5 week. After that I swapped to having more substantial fluids for b/l/d (such as soup and drinking yoghurt etc) and getting set amounts of fluid in between, e.g., a cup before and after breakfast, 2 between lunch and dinner etc... All the best @Lisa876 :). It's an ongoing effort, even now at 4 weeks out.

Hi Lisa. You just have to try your best. I'm 16 days post op and still not able to drink as much as they recommend. Food wise. Take it easy and don't over eat. I'm still eating a couple of spoons and feeling really full.
Thanks @SUNSHINE At least I'm not alone:)
I'm on liquids only until 10/07 so no ''eating'' at all, hence why I was a bit worried about not drinking enough hon

Back