• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got my date :-)

Laura b

2011 a new begginning
Hi all got my date for my bypass April 16th at Solihull spire parkway hospital I'm so happy, excited, nervous my emotions r all over the place I'm starting my pre op diet tomorrow wat milk did everyone have and wat yoghurts?? I was thinking the purple top one?? And mullier light, r u allowed the mullier light rice?? Did anyone start taking vitamins now?? If yes which ones? Sorry question after question from now until op date lol hope u don't mind, wat things shall I pack? X

I had muller lite yogurts but I wasnt allowed the muller rice so Id check on that one...I had semi-skimmed milk and I was allowed 1 oxo a day :D Congrats on getting your date! XX

Laura Angel, we have a huge thread on here about packing, I'll find it and bring it higher up for you.

I loved the muller lite yoghurts.

I didn't have muller rice.

I had semi skimmed milk.

I had my usual vitamins pre op and post op.. Bassetts chewable until my prescription vitamins started after 2 weeks.

Any questions, just keep asking.

Love you Angel and see you very soon xxx

Best advice I can give is get your packing soon as soon as you can,
That way when your op comes round your not panicking.
Also I hardly used anything I took to hospital!

Hi Laura. Many congratulations on getting your date! Wowser, that seems to have come really FAST!
Well done love!
Milk - semi-skimmed, so that's green top.
Muller-Light yoghurts - fine.

Muller-Light rice....I would think is a complete no-no! Too many carbs in rice honey, you're on a low carb diet to shrink your liver.

I was also allowed 2-3 pieces of fruit per day and a small amount of low cal vegetable soup.
But check exactly what you're allowed by your provider as they all vary.

Grace xxx

Awww thanks everyone, I'm not fond of rice anyway just thought for variety lol, it has come round fast faster than I thought it would got funding on dec 7th so not that bad but the waiting and not knowing was a killer, gonna start getting packed so I'm ready I know it's gonna come round fast xx

Sure will come round fast,
You'll feel better for being organised getting the packing done.
That way you can concentrate on your post op diet x

O yea iv gotta prepare all my post op diet stuff lol thought I knew it all but obviously I don't expect a lot of questions peeps from now till op date xx

There is a thread on here about pre-op diets where people list their diet details and how they found it, think it's a sticky in the FAQ section x

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Congrats on getting your date hun! not long to go. I was on low fat low carb pre-op, so can't help much with milk diet, but in terms of packing - don't pack too much stuff, I hardly used most of the things I took with me. I'm 3 days post-op now :) The things that really helped:

- Lip balm (your lips can get really dry)
- Baby wipes/facial wipes
- Toothpaste, toothbrush, mouthwash
- Dressing gown + PJs
- loose clothing to go home in
- Face towel + small bottle of water (I used this to wet my lips first day post-op as I wasn't allowed to drink)
- Slippers
- Towel + bath stuff (for showering)

Hope that helps
xxx

I've also had my date I'm 18th April at Walsall Manor Good Luck ladies we will be on that losers bench soon enough xx

good luck laura, i'm so pleased for you hunny!!!

Awww thank you all so much we r deffo on our way :) zafara thank you that list has really helped :) how u feeling 3 days post op??
Xx

michala said:
hi laura i got my date to today im the 9th april at parkway.

Awww good luck ur have to tell me how u get on :) u started ur pre op?? X

dawnyc said:
I've also had my date I'm 18th April at Walsall Manor Good Luck ladies we will be on that losers bench soon enough xx

Good luck with ur op xxx

Back