• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got my date!

LucretiaUK

Heartlands called me today with my pre-op date with surgeon and dietitian (24th Sept) and my op date (26th Oct). I have to do 4 weeks milk (or equivalent) diet, lose 5-10% of weight, shrink liver etc. All this stuff I know, mainly thanks to this and other help sites and some great documentaries. What else will happen at the pre-op meeting?

As an aside, I was a bit miffed because I've been waiting for a letter for so long, well 4 weeks isn't that long... but there's a letter for me at home now and the call kinda spoiled the surprise :p

Anyway it's got to the booking my time off work stage. How long should I take? I know it's tricky as everyone's different in their post op recovery but I don't want to book too short a time and not be ready for work. Is one week's post op recovery enough? Should I be very safe and go two weeks?

Anyway, time is now going to fly until the op date and I'm really happy that it's all moving forward. :)

Back