• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just waiting for my date at manor hospital

Thanks Steve. I like milk in moderation but think i might get sick of it, but it will be worth it.

Yes your op shouldn't be far behind mine. It depends how many are seen and given the ok per Mr Youssef clinic. Hopefully not to many and you get your date before too long too. I'll keep everyone informed how I'm doing xx

OMG! Just had the call. My op is on for 25 May. Eek! A bit scared now but know how great I'll feel in a few months. Just off to buy my supplies for my milk diet for 4 weeks. Yuk, not looking forward to that but I'll survive now I have a date x
Yes that's brilliant news for you ...well done ..won't be long b4 your on the looser bench hun ..good luck nd keep us updated xx

Good luck and let me know how u get on x
Hi donna went on 19th ..and I'm straight to tier 4 due to my illnesses.i saw a dietician and also Mr h who gave me the option of either bypass or sleeve ..I've been given a goal weight of 1 stone to loose b4 I see mr Kendrick which should be in august sometime and have group seminar next month at some point to talk about pre op and post op diet ..All being well will have operation by sept / Oct time they said xx

Hi all, I remember meeting the diatition (Georgia) I believe and then the anesthetist or so I thought. Once I heard the name Amir Khan I thought he's the man who will knock me out lol. It's good to have a laugh. He gave me the choices to look at and put no pressure on me to decide which procedure to have only Mr Kendrick questioned my choice and found it interesting. I told him that I decided to have a band because it was reversible. I was absolutely sure that I will lose the weight and keep it off then I will be able to get my spinal problem with sorted and will be able to get back to work and keep fit as I used to.

Hi all, I remember meeting the diatition (Georgia) I believe and then the anesthetist or so I thought. Once I heard the name Amir Khan I thought he's the man who will knock me out lol. It's good to have a laugh. He gave me the choices to look at and put no pressure on me to decide which procedure to have only Mr Kendrick questioned my choice and found it interesting. I told him that I decided to have a band because it was reversible. I was absolutely sure that I will lose the weight and keep it off then I will be able to get my spinal problem with sorted and will be able to get back to work and keep fit as I used to.
Georgia is realy nice I met her Wednesday ..Mr khan and Anna were both on holiday so have to see them both next week ..I'm fretting about Mr Kendrick lol ..I've suffered depression for years although it's under control now but still worry that will hold me bk ..I've not decided between bypass or sleeve yet it's a massive decision I'm just researching to see what they both do pro /cons ..was told can leave it up to the surgeon to decide which one is best for me. But I think if I go in with an idea of what I want might be better ..good luck on the rest of your journey. I'll be watching and following to see your progress xx

Thanks hun. Hopefully you won't be far behind me and we'll all be on the loser bench before too long.

Don't worry about Mr Kendrick, he's fine. They give you a large psychological assessment questionnaire to complete. When I did mine it was a week before a house move and I was stressed and my answers were showing me as borderline depressed. I just talked through my reasons for op and the positive changes I could see. He was fine with that.

Have a good think about your surgery. I opted for sleeve as I need the hormone receptors removed in my stomach due to cyst problems making me insulin resistant. None of the other options were guaranteed for me.

Best of luck and I'll keep you updated xx

Georgia is realy nice I met her Wednesday ..Mr khan and Anna were both on holiday so have to see them both next week ..I'm fretting about Mr Kendrick lol ..I've suffered depression for years although it's under control now but still worry that will hold me bk ..I've not decided between bypass or sleeve yet it's a massive decision I'm just researching to see what they both do pro /cons ..was told can leave it up to the surgeon to decide which one is best for me. But I think if I go in with an idea of what I want might be better ..good luck on the rest of your journey. I'll be watching and following to see your progress xx
Do not worry about seeing Mr Kendrick, he is lovely guy and is so easy to talk to and very supportive saying you can get in touch with him at any stage during the journey.

OMG! Just had the call. My op is on for 25 May. Eek! A bit scared now but know how great I'll feel in a few months. Just off to buy my supplies for my milk diet for 4 weeks. Yuk, not looking forward to that but I'll survive now I have a date x
Well done fab news and not long to go hope everything goes well for you and good luck on the milk diet xx

Thanks Donna. Started the milk diet today and struggling already lol! I feel ok but hungry already. It's all in my head I'm sure . Hopefully get a good loss in 4 weeks. Keep you updated x

Hi, Anita

How are you getting on with your milk diet, are you alowed things like cup a soups. I know that you can have certain types of yogurts as long as they are super duper duper low fat and no more than 125g of a millionth of a millionth of milligram of a speck of a droplet. I maybe exaggerating a bit but you no what I mean.

I have been researching the types of rabbit food I will have to endure, without any luck, I have never liked salads or veggies but do like fish however it's cooked. I also like chicken but it tends to spark off my IBS when roasted. I know what you and everyone is thinking that frying would be the way it would cause the irrigation, but unless it is cooked really well I tend to suffer.

Anyway hope you are doing well and obviously only a short time to go until the big day, was it the 25th, are you calm or in a state of panic. Keep us all informed as you go through the journey. I will try to do the same.

Thanks Stevie. Milk diet going well 8 days done and 11 lb lost. Not felt sick which I thought I would so all good. Decided to do full detox and bin the caffeine too as I was a real Pepsi max and black coffee addict. Only drinking lots of water, no added sugar squash, 1 pint skimmed milk and 4 diet/low fat yoghurts each day. 1 chicken oxo cube a day too in hot water plus a multivitamin.

No ill effects now. Headaches first two days but think that was caffeine withdrawal.

Feeling quite good to be honest. I'm amazed. I'm not allowed soups on this diet unfortunately. The milk one is really strict with what you can have. But I prefer that, find it easier to follow.

Good news is my op date changed to 22nd May, pre ops and bloods done this Tuesday. Just want it done now.

Hope you're getting on ok

Thanks Stevie. Milk diet going well 8 days done and 11 lb lost. Not felt sick which I thought I would so all good. Decided to do full detox and bin the caffeine too as I was a real Pepsi max and black coffee addict. Only drinking lots of water, no added sugar squash, 1 pint skimmed milk and 4 diet/low fat yoghurts each day. 1 chicken oxo cube a day too in hot water plus a multivitamin.

No ill effects now. Headaches first two days but think that was caffeine withdrawal.

Feeling quite good to be honest. I'm amazed. I'm not allowed soups on this diet unfortunately. The milk one is really strict with what you can have. But I prefer that, find it easier to follow.

Good news is my op date changed to 22nd May, pre ops and bloods done this Tuesday. Just want it done now.

Brilliant news about your op and it's so close now you must be excited you are doing brilliantly xx

Hi donna went on 19th ..and I'm straight to tier 4 due to my illnesses.i saw a dietician and also Mr h who gave me the option of either bypass or sleeve ..I've been given a goal weight of 1 stone to loose b4 I see mr Kendrick which should be in august sometime and have group seminar next month at some point to talk about pre op and post op diet ..All being well will have operation by sept / Oct time they said xx
That's brilliant news tracie you are well on your way now then I went last week and seen Anna as dr h wasn't there but she explained all my options and gave me sheets to go away with and then I seen the dietician who gave me a target to lose by next time I have got appointments to see mr Kendrick the phycologist on June 30th and then back to weight management again on July 28th so not too long the only thing the dietician said is that all of the seminar talks are already booked until August as she sorts them and can't fit anyone else in till after then but will wait and see what happens next I am hoping now that I will have my op before Christmas but not sure

Hi Anita
Glad to see that you are doing well on the milk diet. When I go on my LSD I will be able to have cup a soups, which I already have on a daily basis for lunch, so that will not be much different, breakfast however is a different story. I am aloud 20g of cereal, that's just under half a weetabix biscuit with milk, filling or what? Dinner is a bit better, I can have 85g of meat with veg, problem is that I don't like any veg on the planet. I do like baked beans, will have to investigate weather I can have that or maybe scrambled eggs. Milk would be so much easier.
I too went on a caffine detox straight after Christmas, I was also a lover of Pepsi Max but I had it with Tia Maria and Vodka (known as 'black Russian') every night. I have had decaf coffee for a few years now, occasionally have latte or cappacino with a bit of brown sugar(naughty being diabetic).
I managed to get in touch with Joy Benton at the Manor and found out that my surgery date was not going to be in June and there was four more clinics to arrange before my surgery was due. I suppose it depends on how many people were on each clinic before mine and how many surgeries they do a week. Still the waiting is dragging on I just need to know.
Anyway let's keep in touch
Steve xx

Back