• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just waiting for my date at manor hospital

Well I had my pre-op on 9 Feb and anaesthetist appt on 14 Feb. All went well and signed off as fit for surgery and below my target. Just waiting on the call with an op date, got to do liver shrinkage diet for 4 weeks pre-op.

It's starting to become reality now and I'm actually believing that I'll be having a sleeve gastrectomy and hopefully the weight loss will also sort out hormonal issues and polycystic ovaries too.

I've got to admit I've gone a bit scared and keep having second thoughts which last about 10 seconds, lol, suppose it's natural.

Not sure how long it will be till I get my date, next few weeks should get call hopefully. Keep you all informed when I get my date.

Hope you get the call with the date soon!

Definitely natural to have second thoughts. Stay strong and remember why you want the surgery and all the things you hope will change.

Well I had my pre-op on 9 Feb and anaesthetist appt on 14 Feb. All went well and signed off as fit for surgery and below my target. Just waiting on the call with an op date, got to do liver shrinkage diet for 4 weeks pre-op.

It's starting to become reality now and I'm actually believing that I'll be having a sleeve gastrectomy and hopefully the weight loss will also sort out hormonal issues and polycystic ovaries too.

I've got to admit I've gone a bit scared and keep having second thoughts which last about 10 seconds, lol, suppose it's natural.

Not sure how long it will be till I get my date, next few weeks should get call hopefully. Keep you all informed when I get my date.
Hi great news about ur surgery getting so close can I ask a few questions I have been to see dr hartland today and he is referring me for surgery from today but can't remember what he said happens now and ideas on timescales is there any any info or advice you could give me please thanks and good luck

Hi great news about ur surgery getting so close can I ask a few questions I have been to see dr hartland today and he is referring me for surgery from today but can't remember what he said happens now and ideas on timescales is there any any info or advice you could give me please thanks and good luck
Hi Donna, sorry for the late reply.
From my first appointment when they discussed the different options it's been a year. Was initially given information sheets about the options and set a target weight loss to achieve before surgery.

Had three more appointments to review my weight loss while I was awaiting my psychiatrist appointment. After he said I was of sound mind it was three months until my next appointment with the anaesthetist where I was accepted as hitting target and put on waiting list. I then had my pre op.

In between times also had to go to a group session for a couple of hours where they talk through operation, pain relief, etc.

I am still awaiting my date. Manor hospital is on special measures presently with loads of ops being cancelled as no beds. So although I'm ready to go there's a backlog of others waiting their ops before me. May need my pre ops and bloods done again before op at this date. Frustrating but can't be helped. Hopefully the warmer weather will bring on better health for people and bed spaces.

Congrats on your referral, fingers crossed you move swiftly through the final stages.

From my first appointment when they discussed the different options it's been a year. Was initially given information sheets about the options and set a target weight loss to achieve before surgery.

Had three more appointments to review my weight loss while I was awaiting my psychiatrist appointment. After he said I was of sound mind it was three months until my next appointment with the anaesthetist where I was accepted as hitting target and put on waiting list. I then had my pre op.

In between times also had to go to a group session for a couple of hours where they talk through operation, pain relief, etc.

I am still awaiting my date. Manor hospital is on special measures presently with loads of ops being cancelled as no beds. So although I'm ready to go there's a backlog of others waiting their ops before me. May need my pre ops and bloods done again before op at this date. Frustrating but can't be helped. Hopefully the warmer weather will bring on better health for people and bed spaces.

Congrats on your referral, fingers crossed you move swiftly through the final stages.
Thankyou and hope you get your date really soon I had a call from the hospital today to say my 1st appointment to talk about different types of surgery is on may 5th

I've also been refered to walsall manor. Will be my very first appointment on 19th of April. .excited to start this journey..good luck and hope u get your date realy soon xx
Good luck tracie I bet u are excited for your appointment it's a hard slog but hopefully so worth it my first appointment towards surgery is on may 5th as I have only just been approved for surgery but to be truthful can't wait to have my life back x

Won't be long for you then..Do they do tier 3 at the manor do you no ..I think I've been refered straight to surgeon as have heart disease and high blood pressure and high cholesterol also early stages of COPD. Face it I'm falling to bits lol ..hope your surgery date is quick for you ..xx

Won't be long for you then..Do they do tier 3 at the manor do you no ..I think I've been refered straight to surgeon as have heart disease and high blood pressure and high cholesterol also early stages of COPD. Face it I'm falling to bits lol ..hope your surgery date is quick for you ..xx
I did tier 3 at the manor I had some mini strokes before and have high blood pressure and high cholesterol and heart disease is a big issue in my family as have had lots of family members die from it and my mom died from a stroke but I had to do 6 months on tier 3 doing weight loss at the manor before dr hartland referred me who is your doctor you are under tracie it could be different for you x

Any news on your op yet chick x

I did tier 3 at the manor I had some mini strokes before and have high blood pressure and high cholesterol and heart disease is a big issue in my family as have had lots of family members die from it and my mom died from a stroke but I had to do 6 months on tier 3 doing weight loss at the manor before dr hartland referred me who is your doctor you are under tracie it could be different for you x
Mr khan is my surgeon ..I don't mind doing tier 3 can only be a good thing .I done orlistat tablets from my gp for 5 months lost 3 stone but as soon as they stopped the weight came bk and some .I can get the weight off I just can't maintain it .I'll no more when I go on the 19th.but I'm fully prepared to do the tier 3 if need be..Thanks again for reply x

Mr khan is my surgeon ..I don't mind doing tier 3 can only be a good thing .I done orlistat tablets from my gp for 5 months lost 3 stone but as soon as they stopped the weight came bk and some .I can get the weight off I just can't maintain it .I'll no more when I go on the 19th.but I'm fully prepared to do the tier 3 if need be..Thanks again for reply x
Good luck and let me know how u get on x

Hi all I am also a patient at the Manor. I've just had my pre-op assessment and will see Mr Youssef next week. Is he the anesthetist as I'm told that he has the final decision regarding my surgery. All that is on my letter is pain management clinic

Hi Stevie. Welcome to the forum.

Mr Youssef is indeed the anaesthetist and he has the final say on whether you are fit for surgery. You will need to answer a questionnaire about your health and he will chat through your replies. By the end of the appointment he will tell you whether he is passing you for surgery or not.

I got passed at manor on 14 Feb but due to lack of beds the hospital is still playing catch up and I don't have my date yet. They hope to give me a date in the next week or so.

Once you've seen the anaesthetist it's passed to the bed managers, they book in in date order of Mr Youssef giving you the go ahead.

Good luck and hope it all goes well

Anita

Hi Anita .
Thanks for the info, you have given me more information than the hospital nurse could at my pre-op assessment. I feel a bit more relaxed about seeing Mr Youssef as the nurse said that I was highly unlikely to be turned down for surgery.
Thanks again.
PS all the best for getting your surgery date soon.

Hi all I am also a patient at the Manor. I've just had my pre-op assessment and will see Mr Youssef next week. Is he the anesthetist as I'm told that he has the final decision regarding my surgery. All that is on my letter is pain management clinic
Hi Steve ..sorry I can't help with your question as your future along your journey as I'm still at the very beginning with my first appointment next week ..but wanted to say hi and good luck

Hello Tracie
I was at the same stage as you about a year ago. In May 2016 Dr Hartand referred me. My 1st app was in August followed by apps. in Sept, Oct, then in Nov I saw Mr Kendrick the psychologist then a 3 month wait before you see Mr Khan where you sign the consent forms. All this is possible as long as you reach a target weight set at the beginning. But everyone's situation is different or better still 'unique' .
I have heart disease, high blood pressure, type II diabetes, arthritis in my knees, crushed discs in my neck other than that I'm a picture of health.⚽⚾

Hello Tracie
I was at the same stage as you about a year ago. In May 2016 Dr Hartand referred me. My 1st app was in August followed by apps. in Sept, Oct, then in Nov I saw Mr Kendrick the psychologist then a 3 month wait before you see Mr Khan where you sign the consent forms. All this is possible as long as you reach a target weight set at the beginning. But everyone's situation is different or better still 'unique' .
I have heart disease, high blood pressure, type II diabetes, arthritis in my knees, crushed discs in my neck other than that I'm a picture of health.⚽⚾
Thanks for the reply ..u sound as healthy as me lol ..like I've said I don't mind doing the tier 3 all in the right direction .We all get to the same destination..my appointment is with Dr khan on the 19th and also dietitian and someone else can't remember name lol ..good luck on your journey hope u get your surgery very soon .x

Hi Anita
Great news on getting your surgery date, it must be a relief knowing so you can make plans and preparations for the surgery and afterwards. I take it you're not a milk lover, I'm the opposite I love the stuff but can't have it on my LSD because I'm type 2 diabetic and have to endure the food based diet.
You getting your date gives me an idea when my surgery may be. If you're pre-op assessment was in February and mine was 2 months later then my date could be in July.
Hope all goes smoothly in your preparations and surgery wishing you all the best.

Steve xx

Back