• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

And so my journey begins.......

emmafifema

Hi everyone, I posted a number of weeks ago because my doctor wouldnt refer me for funding and so I had decided to change doctors. Well, I thought I would give it one more go with my current doc after contacting the PCT myself.

So I went to see him today armed with my reply letter from the PCT and showed him what they said - that as I have a BMI over 50 and have attended a weight management programme via my doc I could be referred for funding for surgery.

He seemed a little put out BUT.......he grabbed a form and has referred me!!!!
I'm so pleased! But I'm not sure what happens next so any info or advice would be much appreciated xxx

Congratulations on your referral, I don't know what happens in your area but I just wanted to wish you luck x

Well done your persistence has definately paid off.

Thanks all for your replies.....Does anyone know if it is likely that I will hear direct from the PCT now or if it will go through my GP?? What have everyones experiences been with this (i.e. after GP referral what was your order of things to happen?)

xx

Well done for persevering with it. I know its tough but you need to keep on at them. I don't know what happens in your area but good luck with your journey.

I found out from my pct when the panel met and rang them to find out what the outcome was. My journey did take a long time but some people hear really quickly hope this is what happens for you.

Wishing you all the best with your referral, I can't help with what happens next as I had to go private but good luck!

Cuppa xx

Thanks all for your replies.....Does anyone know if it is likely that I will hear direct from the PCT now or if it will go through my GP?? What have everyones experiences been with this (i.e. after GP referral what was your order of things to happen?)

xx

i dont know how it works in your area but here new patients get an apointment thro the post to attend a seminar with the surgeon, dietician and bariatric nurse, that usually comes in the post in a few weeks, i cant be sure if it works the same in other areas x

i dont know how it works in your area but here new patients get an apointment thro the post to attend a seminar with the surgeon, dietician and bariatric nurse, that usually comes in the post in a few weeks, i cant be sure if it works the same in other areas x

So do your receive that appointment along with your acceptance of funding?

Sorry if I seem a little blonder than blonde I really am totally clueless when it comes to this :confused: :)

all areas are different what i explained is just what happens in the north east, i cant speak for other areas.

Sorry if I seem a little blonder than blonde I really am totally clueless when it comes to this :confused: :)

im sure some 1 from your area will explain the process for your area x

Are you with Worthing PCT do you know?

My experience was that my GP & myself got a letter saying that I had been approved for funding, they also sent thru a list of hospitals so that I could choose where I wanted to be referred to.

St Richards, Chichester waiting list was closed so I couldn't be referred there so I chose Charing Cross & I have my first apt on May 14th.

Its all happened really quickly for me, fingers crossed it goes the same for you. xx

Hi Ditz....I do think its Worthing PCT but not 100% sure on that.

So how long was it from being referred to receiving the confirmation of funding?

I dont mind where i get into really, I'm able to travel and sort the kids out - is Chichester highly sought after then??

Back