• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

my battle

charliegirl

It's been almost a week since funding was granted and then the upset of learning I would have to wait. The pain is getting easier and each day gets better. I have busied myself by writing a long letter of complaint to the chief executive of the PCT's complaints department. I searched high and low in my GP's surgery for any useful leaflets and found one called, compliaments, complaints and comments and it gives you contact details for PALS. I spoke to them and they said I could either complain to them or to the chief exec, it was a no brainer. I have had my letter delivered to him late on friday afternoon he has 25 working days (5 weeks) to reply. It may do no good whatsoever but it sure made me feel better and it will be intersting to see how he can explain away spending NHS money on duplicating consultations etc. I was also given details of ICAS the independant people who look into complaints. It feels better to be fighting that sitting waiting....xx

Being able to do something can make you feel better, but I can only imagine your frustration honey :hug99:

Good on you Linda :) I went through the complaints procedure a year or so ago against one of my consultants and it was a tough thing to do, as we're brought up to respect doctors and wary of complaining against the system that cares for us. I was tempted to go through it again earlier this year when my dermatologist got really really $hitty about my bypass surgery!

I got good results with mine, and I hope you do the same :D

I have today received an email from the Department of Health confirming that if the hospital of my choice ie Spire, Manchester is on the list for patients right to choose and they perform the surgery that I require I can choose to go there. Therefore, I should not have to wait to see a surgeon at the Spire Regency hospital. Watch this space whilst I delve further into the murky world of the NHS..not saying it will happen so please dont piddle on my parade but its a chance it could happen and thats what I need to hold onto...xx

good luck xx

Think I need more than good luck a miracle maybe...it's a good job I am off work just now as I would not be able to concentrate its such a job and a half this....xx

The latest update from the department of health:

If your local PCT has agreed funding and your preferred hospital is Spire
Alexandra, Manchester which is on the Choices website provide the
appropriate treatment then you are free to choose that hospital. From what
you have said the PCT doesn't seem to have any grounds to restrict where
you wish to be treated.

Still fighting.....xx

The latest update from the department of health:

If your local PCT has agreed funding and your preferred hospital is Spire
Alexandra, Manchester which is on the Choices website provide the
appropriate treatment then you are free to choose that hospital. From what
you have said the PCT doesn't seem to have any grounds to restrict where
you wish to be treated.

Still fighting.....xx

Looks very hopeful. Here's hoping there's a miracle on the way to you. :hug99:

Thanks Flirtygirl and plus, I have just spoken to Mr Ammori's secretary he has also dictated a letter along similar lines, she is going to check it through properly and get back to me....if there is a will there is a way....fingers crossed...xx

everythings crossed for you linda x

Looks like some progress. Glad to hear you're fighting, i too had to go through the complaints procedure and fortunately it all ended well, so fingers crossed it does for you also. xx

Hi just to let you know I took on the PCT and won the right to have the operation at a hospital of my choice ie Spire, Manchester, I have been given a date of this friday providing the PCT fax through to them I can attend there which should not be a problem......I dont want to go on about it as I am aware there are folk still struggling or have been refused funding and I know it hurts like hell....xx

Do you mean you're booked for surgery this friday?

Yes others are struggling, but you're also allowed to celebrate your own victory Linda, and i'm so happy for you that you're winning.

Linda well done that's fantastic news :D celebrate, you're an inspiration to others still fighting the system.

Tell me when the date gets confirmed and I'll put it on the list :)

Yes booked for this friday unless the paperwork from the PCT does not come through and then it will be 22 November...I cant believe it I feel I am dreaming but probably wont believe it until I have come to in recovery...lol...xx

Back