• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

my battle

Hi Di glad your doing ok, I might have to cancel my op on saturday (it was moved late last night to saturday) as the head of commissioning wont fax through that I can have it at spire manchester to them. So we are in limbo at the moment, Louisa is trying to get some sort of yes out of them so we can go ahead, I am resigned to it not happening this weekend and want to go eat lol....xx

You will get there i'm sure x

Unbelievable , you must be due some good confirmed news soon surely,last few steps now.
Fingers still crossed for you.

Di

xxxxx

Latest is the commissioning panel are faxing through the info to the surgeon now and sending me a formal hard copy. They apologised for any stress they caused!! Wish she could feel the headache I have right now with worrying is it happening or is it not....I so want to eat as well....lol.....trying to switch off for the rest of the day will keep making my lists and then tomorrow and friday will get organised....I need a holiday I think...xx

Thats is such great news - sloiw down, take deep breaths and smile. You've got it - what the heck you will get through it and look at all you have coped with to date. Can't wait to hear all about your experience

M

It's official, my op is on saturday why do I feel like pants right now??? I have no one to take me to the hospital and collect me on discharge! My son works nights and said he would not be able to do it as he cant take time off work and does not want to be tired, he would take me at a push would prefer me to find someone else. Contacted my ex that I gave a piece of my mind to (there is a post regarding that) he said he would take me but might have plans when I am being discharged and also said "you will cope my sister in law has just had a hysterectomy and she is coping fine"..... everyone else I know is working and as not many people know and I dont want any others to know I am drawing a blank on what to do. Now being told I cant attend for the pre op this evening this just gets worse and worse and I want to cry on some ones shoulder, I have other things going on as well and I received from bad news regarding that will it never end....I feel like running away, oh by the way my son has just borrowed a tenner off me, seems I am good for some things....I should be enjoying this time and I bloody well cant...xx

You have waited for this and now it is hear it seems to be happening so fast that it is overwhelming. Sit down and relax for 30 minutes. Now you know for sure it is happening you can get things straight in your head. Tackle one problem at a time and if possible try not to do everything at once.

I hope things go well for you Saturday, if I lived nearer I would offer to pick you up but its a bit of a trek from Suffolk xx

Hi Linda,

You're almost there! Your emotions are gonna be all over the place, one minute scared, the next really happy! Its all normal! I'm so pleased that your time is almost here, I know what a struggle and rollercoaster ride its been for you. It will all be worth it.

Good luck hun,

Kel xxx

So pleased for you Linda. How far from the hospital are you?

Irene xx

Hi Irene thanks for your kind PM's. I have got sorted for the hospital now, its about an hours drive away. My friend is travelling from bolton to collect me and will return me if I get discharged on monday as she works all day sunday and cant get out of it. So I just need to ensure I stay two nights which I dont think will be hard.....xx

So that's one thing less to worry about

Irene xx

Finally got things sorted, its def on for saturday, pre op is tomorrow wont see the dietician until saturday!!, my friend is travelling from Bolton to pick me up and will collect me on monday so hoping to make the most of my stay and not get kicked out on sunday...tomorrow I will get my bits and pieces and friday I will make soup and freeze it and make sure there are things in for when I return....my elderly neighbour is going to give me TLC and I am not to worry about anything, my friend has given me my orders....so now I am off to have a bath and then I am going to lazy on the sofa....I can now breath easy....xx

Linda, really glad to hear your friend is helping out and you have a caring neighbour. It makes such a difference.
I bet you can't believe it's all actually happening, after everything you've been through. I so look forward to following your progress, and sharing it with you.

Oh hun i am sooooooo pleased for you. your long wait is finally over you must be so excited and relieved. keep me posted on how things go luv and congrats you deserve your op xxxx

Back