• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gravy’s & saucs’s

BikerBabe65

hi,

I’m 5 weeks post op now and I’ve really struggled with purée foods, just can’t eat anything puréed.

I’ve been told that by having sauces and gravy’s will help get foods down easier, so my question is what kinds of sauces and gravy’s can we have, I.e. curry sauce? Parsley sauce etc etc
Tin or jar sauces? Natural only etc

Any advice please?

hi,

I’m 5 weeks post op now and I’ve really struggled with purée foods, just can’t eat anything puréed.

I’ve been told that by having sauces and gravy’s will help get foods down easier, so my question is what kinds of sauces and gravy’s can we have, I.e. curry sauce? Parsley sauce etc etc
Tin or jar sauces? Natural only etc

Any advice please?
Hi, I’ve just moved off the purée stage and can’t say I enjoyed it! I think any sauce is ok as long as it doesn’t contain too much sugar or fat. I puréed homemade bolognaise sauce and cottage pie. Pretty much lived on that, oats and soup. I also struggled to eat it at first. I found using a teaspoon and putting a little on at a time and waiting 20 seconds until the next spoon helped.

Hi,
Have had curry sauce, sweet and sour, white, parsley sauces etc. Tinned/Packet and homemade. You don't actually need a lot of sauce, so I have made small quantities or frozen the remaining amount in ice cube trays. Once frozen store the cubes in a box in the freezer and then take out of the freezer and microwave as required.

Back