• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gravy and Stage 2

jules2

Hello lovely people

I'm starting to think about Stage 2 which I can try in 6 days. After 7 weeks of Slimfast during the LSD and stage 1, I'd really prefer savoury foods but still need a puree/blended yoghurt like consistency with no lumps.

What sort of gravy did you use and is there a magic gravy which contains protein with little in the way of sugars or fats? I read the back of the Bisto Best jar and its maltodextrin this, palm oil that.

I've been making batches of chicken bone broth so wonder if I could turn this into gravy somehow without having to roast meat (the only way I know to make 'proper' gravy). Please could someone with more cooking knowledge advise?

TIA

Hello lovely people

I'm starting to think about Stage 2 which I can try in 6 days. After 7 weeks of Slimfast during the LSD and stage 1, I'd really prefer savoury foods but still need a puree/blended yoghurt like consistency with no lumps.

What sort of gravy did you use and is there a magic gravy which contains protein with little in the way of sugars or fats? I read the back of the Bisto Best jar and its maltodextrin this, palm oil that.

I've been making batches of chicken bone broth so wonder if I could turn this into gravy somehow without having to roast meat (the only way I know to make 'proper' gravy). Please could someone with more cooking knowledge advise?

TIA
I'm not sure, I'm no cook, but I'm thinking oxo cubes and things like stockpots that you can buy in most supermarkets x

Yus!!! Of course those Knorr stockpot things, I'd forgotten about those - the ingredients look much more friendly too with less laboratory style chemicals. Thank you so much Sarnie! :D

I'm going to be awash with soup, sweet potato mash and gravy. :)
Glad to be of help. I added stockpots to my milk when I had to to the milk diet, makes it a bit like a cuppa soup, certainly made the milk diet more tolerable. xx

I also found making a pan of scouse for the family and then blending it was nice... Scouse (incase you don't know) is potatoes, onions, carrots boiled in a beef broth (I use oxo), then beef added to the mix, I used canned stewing steak as it is softer and you only need to add this 10 minutes before the end... This meal blends really well, as long as everything is cooked to a soft texture. it does plenty, and can be frozen.
I also blended cottage pie, I make this for my daughter in individual portions, but these are still a little big for her, so I dish hers out and add mine to the blender with a litter oxo or gravy to loosen it. You do have to ensure you use low fat mince when making, but I find that it blends up reasonable well.
Another one I used was the fish in parsley sauce, I did a little mash potatoes with broccoli and a piece of the fish with the sauce and blended.

Oh what good ideas, thank you so much Awalsh. I do know scouse a little bit - I'm actually a Scouser. :roofles: Excellent idea about the canned stewing steak - I wouldn't have thought of that and I didn't think about having scouse for this stage.

My first day on puree food I had a ready made cottage pie. Just spooned the mash off the top, blended the bottom meat part and divided into two portions back together again - it was delish! If I can't move onto soft foods next week then I think I'll make a scouse and a cottage pie. Good tip on the low fat mince - thankies. :)

I made a chicken and lentil slow cooker soup and am so disappointed in it - it tastes lovely but is grim with the blended chicken so going to avoid that from now on. Made a massive pot so going to freeze the rest of the soup to have at a later stage without blending.

I've got fish in parsley sauce with mash and broccoli tomorrow - we're definitely twinnies! lol

Awalsh, how much are you eating for your lunch or dinner? Are you measuring by weight or tablespoons?

Hi, sorry for the late reply... I haven't measured by weight, I just eat what I feel like using a little teaspoon, at first I was eating maybe 12 teaspoons.
Now I'm onto soft foods so I am eating more, However, I make sure that I only put the amount on my plate/bowl that I know is ok to eat, as I don't wat to push to far. I got a horrible upper stomach pain the other day that had me pacing and looking for the number from the hospital. I think this is because I ate either a little too much, or too quickly. my portions arn't big, thou.... It did go away, but left a dull ache, so im being double sure that I take my time eating...

Back