• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dreaded LSD

Claire33

Hi everyone
I'm new on here. I have my surgery booked for 22nd Dec which means I'll be in over xmas , but I must not grumble!
I'm doing the pre op diet and I am only allowed 1 piece of chicken or steamed fish a day with only green vegetables or salad.
I don't like bovril or jelly and I'm so hungry all the time.....!!
I don't drink tea or coffee so I'm having nas squash or water.
Are u allowed to eat any green fruit my sheet only listed green apple and green pear.
I'm under Mr El Hasani at the PRUH.
Just looking for advice.....on how to get through this lol.
I'm seeing him tomorrow and I'm half way through my diet already.
Can you get away with cheating

No cheating unless you want to wake up on the operating table to find they haven't done it because your liver wasn't small enough.

I don't know the answer about the fruit, sorry, as I did the milk diet. I was hungry first 2 or 3 days and then it passed.

have you been offered/considered the milk diet?

No cheating unless you want to wake up on the operating table to find they haven't done it because your liver wasn't small enough.

I don't know the answer about the fruit, sorry, as I did the milk diet. I was hungry first 2 or 3 days and then it passed.

have you been offered/considered the milk diet?
At first I was given the milk diet. Then my consultant said he doesn't recommend it and to follow the green veg diet etc.
I was given the milk diet my a dietician from another hospital.

Hello and welcome :)
I did the milk diet too and found it easy because I didn't have to think about food. As @SAM55 says cheating means running the risk they start the op and decide not to go ahead. You're doing it to make sure you're in the best state for a healthy op so you'd be cheating yourself. It's definitely worth it, keep reminding yourself of what you want to do this for when it gets hard x

Hi all
I had my surgery yesterday morning.
In some pain and discomfort since...thank God for morphine.
Thanks for ur support. Roll on my new life xx
Welcome to the other side :) Morphine is wonderful. Look on the bright side, you won't even fancy turkey and chocolate ;)
Keep us posted...

Just starting my fluids 60mls and now on 90mls. Water has never tasted so great!!!
I'm walking around but haven't passed urine since my catheter was out at 12pm so bit concerned.
Stitches are out and they have sprayed them with a cling film stuff.....sorry don't know the medical term lol. Thanks guys for your advice and support xx

Just starting my fluids 60mls and now on 90mls. Water has never tasted so great!!!
I'm walking around but haven't passed urine since my catheter was out at 12pm so bit concerned.
Stitches are out and they have sprayed them with a cling film stuff.....sorry don't know the medical term lol. Thanks guys for your advice and support xx
It took me 24 hours before I could pass urine as there was nothing to pass. Are you on a drip?

Welcome to the other side ! Take it easy and do as your team advice ..
Xxxxx

Hi so hopefully being discharged today.
Is it normal to weigh more after surgery than before.....??x
I was the same weight - it was fluid retention and the body going into starvation mode as no calories for three days. It should start to shift once your body comes out of shock and you get some protein in. It won't be anything like LRD losses though.

How much is it?

I was the same weight - it was fluid retention and the body going into starvation mode as no calories for three days. It should start to shift once your body comes out of shock and you get some protein in. It won't be anything like LRD losses though.

How much is it?
It is 5kgs almost of a gain and I'm passing urine a lot more now. I'm on my way home get to see my little family on Xmas day as my wife haD our son 4 months ago so missing them terribly xx

Congratulations on your new baby, you have so much to look forward to !
I gained about 6kg after surgery but once home moving and drinking it will fall off again

So I was wondering I'm doing some shopping for my post op diet it says I'm allowed soups is this tinned soup do I have to strain them???and the smoothies it just says fruit is that any fruit.....sort of struggling here any advice would be grateful tia xxx

Hi all
I had my surgery yesterday morning.
In some pain and discomfort since...thank God for morphine.
Thanks for ur support. Roll on my new life xx
Hope things are getting better for you I wish you a speedy recovery x

Back