• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help! Im a very hungry lightheaded gal!

Leesh

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can advise me a bit about the pre op diet. Im only on day three of 14 and I feel pretty awfull, very lightheaded , cant think straight, have been useless today at work and obviously feeling hungry (actually the least troublesome symptom surprisingly):sigh:. Im on the very low carb one. Only allowed chicken breast or white fish with green salad or veg for two meals and slim fast for another. My diet sheet says I should have 5 portions a day of veg or fruit but I was wondering if I could get away with a couple more or would this throw everything? I have tried to ring dietician today but she did not get back to me. I was also wonering whether tinned tomatoes are allowed with this diet? it does not say on the sheet it just says "5 portions of fruit or veg eg. broccoli, green salad".

I was also a bit worried as well because I was talking to my Mum about how ill I feel today and she then went into a bit of a rant about how I was going to cope once I had the band fitted if I cant cope with this which has dented my confidence somewhat! Some people just seem to sail through the pre-op diet but I have to admit I am really really struggling.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, tell me to stop moaning of you like.

Thanks

Leesh

aww i feel your pain :-( I start mine on saturday and i know i'm going to find it hell. I wish you luck, try and keep busy hun to take your mind off food. Also drink fluid if you feel hungry, hope this helps.
Noticed your going private would you consider a bypass? Loads of people do really well with bands but it takes more willpower. Some banders actually wish they'd have had the bypass. It might be worth having a word with your team especially if you have the cash. I wish you all the best xxx

My dietician said I could have any veg that grew above ground freely. He also said carots even thought they are root veg, and he said WW do a clear veg soup thats ok. They are all different though so check with yours :D x

I did the low carb diet and man it was hard... I was supposed to do it for 2 weeks but luckily my op was brought forward a week :) Thank god cos i was starting to dribble looking at my Trev (Dottychic refrain from saying anything about that last comment please)... It is hard, i would say make yourself a big bowl of sugar free jelly, it's only 10 cals or so a pack so not such a big deal and no hidden carbs like you get in fruit/veg.... Also drink plenty of diet fizzy drinks as these will fill you up! The more you drink the better as this will stop you feeling lightheaded and headachey... As for your mom, put her on the diet and then see how hungry she is....... Grrr xxxx

Keep the faith xx

It is hard doing the pre-op diet, I did the slimfast one, mainly milkshakes, makesure you are drinking enough because that can affect you and cause dizzy spells....... All the best, and think positive, there are always going to be the ones ready to feed you negatives....chin up

Thanks for your suggestions I will give them a try, including the one about making my Mum do the diet hehe, not a chance! I cant beleive I am moaning about it really because I have been waiting for this for ages. I wouldnt go for the bypass because I dont think it is for me but I do know that I will need will power with the band. Just hope I can do it.

Thanks again

Leesh

Good luck Leesh im sure with the above advise it will become easier, i did Atkins for 7 months and was like you at the beginning, after 1 week those feelings did pass.

Back