• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dreaded LSD

Penelope

So I was wondering I'm doing some shopping for my post op diet it says I'm allowed soups is this tinned soup do I have to strain them???and the smoothies it just says fruit is that any fruit.....sort of struggling here any advice would be grateful tia xxx
I used tinned soups and strained them - my favourite was french onion. Didn't do the smoothies, so can't advise you there sorry.

Claire33

I used tinned soups and strained them - my favourite was french onion. Didn't do the smoothies, so can't advise you there sorry.
That's ok thank you....so if I buy vegetable soup do I need to strain the veg or can I blend it down so it's smooth?x

Claire33

I've only had half a glass of a smoothie today and a few glasses of juice should I be having more. I had surgery on 22nd Dec x

FeeBee

Are you managing to get some water in too? At this stage all you can do is keep trying to get as much in as is comfortable but not push it too much or you'll probably be sick. I found as I healed it got easier and easier to drink and it improved every day.
Also congratulations on your new baby :)

Claire33

Are you managing to get some water in too? At this stage all you can do is keep trying to get as much in as is comfortable but not push it too much or you'll probably be sick. I found as I healed it got easier and easier to drink and it improved every day.
Also congratulations on your new baby :)
Yes I'm drinking juice and water in between tried some soup today and had a smoothie for breakfast.
No sickness or feeling of sick thank God. .
Still in some discomfort one wound in particular is stinging and quite painful but just trying to bear with it.
Thanks x

FeeBee

One of mine stayed sore for longer than the others and if I lay on the side it felt like it was pulling but it did ease. It sounds like you're doing really well considering you're just a few days out :) It's a big op to heal from. I hope you are having a lovely Christmas x

Claire33

One of mine stayed sore for longer than the others and if I lay on the side it felt like it was pulling but it did ease. It sounds like you're doing really well considering you're just a few days out :) It's a big op to heal from. I hope you are having a lovely Christmas x
Thanks hun. Can I ask u something when I make my soups can I have chicken or turkey in my soups if they are all blended to a smooth consistency?hope u r having a good Xmas too xx

FeeBee

I blended chicken soup and sometimes added a spoonful of marvel too in order to up the protein :)

Claire33

Is that chicken soup from a tin?cos my mum bought turkey to make me a fresh turkey and vegetable soup but wasn't sure if I could put cooked turkey in it x

FeeBee

Mine was from a tin but I don't see why you couldn't do it with fresh home made soup which will no doubt taste even better :) as long as your team says soup is ok at this stage (thin puree presumably) then go for it. Hmmm I have a hankering for soup now!

Claire33

Mine was from a tin but I don't see why you couldn't do it with fresh home made soup which will no doubt taste even better :) as long as your team says soup is ok at this stage (thin puree presumably) then go for it. Hmmm I have a hankering for soup now!
Haha yeah my surgeon gave me an aftercare sheet and it says to make your own soups add plenty of vegetables avoid cream soups and ones made with cheese and add protein like lentils but doesn't mention meat. I'm gonna try a little and see how my stomach holds out xx