• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

RNY Gastric Bypass Gym/Swim & Aquafit my exercise log.

around week 6 id say for swimming so the scars are properly healed. just for infection purposes from the pool, even the gp could say if the scars were ok to swim with at week 4 if you wanted to go then.

i plan to wait till im 4 weeks out im impatient but i understand what ya mean about the water and infection its only cos i used to swim before my op i miss the social aspect of going to the gym aswell.

the tread mill ect would be ok but i please take it easy and bulid up gradually, thats what ive been doing and over the weeks ive tryed to do a little more each time. I do not know about the weights though as ive never used them x

i also intend to take it easy i called the gym and they said they would put a special programme together for me when im ready to go back so all is well.

thanks liz.xx

I'm loving the gym: doing a vey simple circuit of machines and floor work.

Next on my exercise hit list is Pilates and Zumba!

Also walking on the days when I'm not at the gym.

6/04/11

20 mins treadmill
20 pool lengths
45 mins aqua fit

Thankyou Shannon x

7/04/11

45 mins aqua fit class

11/04/11

20 pool lengths
45 mins aqua fit class

thanks Karen x

13.04/11

20 mins treadmill
10 pool lengths
45 mins aqua fit.

20 mins treadmill
26 pool lengths

21/04/11

20 mins treadmill

26 pool lengths

23/04/11

30 pool lengths

25/04/11)

32 pool lengths :)

thanks Mini x x x

Sorry i havent logged for a while.... ive had a break off im back from Manc now and getting back in to my routine so here goes ......

3/05/11

20 mins tread mill
5 mins cross trainer my knees dont like that thing haha :(
35 pool lengths
45 mins Aqua fit class :)

LOG....
4/05/11
10 Mins treadmill
45 mins Aqua Class
&........... 50 Pool Lengths....... :)

LOG....
4/05/11
10 Mins treadmill
45 mins Aqua Class
&........... 50 Pool Lengths....... :)

In just one week you have gone from 32 pool lengths to 50 lengths:wow::wow::wow:

So very impressive how your stamina is increasing so quickly!!!

Are you training for the Olympics Liz:confused::p

In just one week you have gone from 32 pool lengths to 50 lengths:wow::wow::wow:

So very impressive how your stamina is increasing so quickly!!!

Are you training for the Olympics Liz:confused::p

:) yep 50 is my latest record, i broke it up into 2 sections Mini, i did 22 lengths while waiting for the aqua fit instructor, then after the class i did the remaining 28.... looking at 50 when you 1st get in the pool is scary but breaking it up in to 2 smaller sessions was much easier.

Thanks for posting on my thread Mini its much appreciated and i hope it spurs others on to try a little exercise of thier choice too ;)

Liz x

Back