• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

had a tonsillectomy

gr09

hi everyone
so on wednesday i had a bilateral tonsillectomy. wednesday thursday and friday i have eaten nothing due to the pain all i could tolerate was a sip of water and even then i struggled to actually get it down. waiting to see how much weight i lose from not eating.
i even had to change my meds from co-codemol to morphine, because they were smaller to swallow and they actually helped, but i have had to stop taking them now as im getting the classic morphine itch which is driving me mad.

managed 2 teaspoons of cereal today (saturday) so hopefully be able to eat more tomorrow.

at least i now know that i am very tearful when coming out of general anaesthetic and just sit there cry whilst saying i dont know why im crying i just am :8855:

awww bless u hunni .... sending hugs... get well soon ..... a brilliant side affect ...weight loss :) perfect x x x take care

hope things are a little better today

Initially I get a bit high , have so much energy that I'm up walking six hour after surgery for appendicitis !!! Then I crash also I found I had bad dreams weird that frightened me . Scary . Morphine made me so constipated that I need an enema , I was in tears . So be careful and don't worry about food atm just rest heal and keep yoir fluids up

Back