• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Had my bypass!

Hi all, thanks for your messages. I was discharged this morning and after a horrible journey I am now at my mums. I am still in some pain but seem to be managing with dispersable co-codamol. It tastes disgusting though!

The hardest thing at the minute is keeping my three year old away from me, bless her, she just wants to climb on me and cuddle me.

To all the bypass experts on here, how much were you drinking at this stage? I am only managing a couple of sips, and they hurt when they hit my stomache :-(

Other than that, I am doing good, just worried about dehydrating!

Rx

Hi Rose,

Glad ur home and doing well, can I ask, where did u have ur op? I'm going into sunderland tomorrow and wondered if thats where u have been?

Rose I was managing about 1-1.5L when I first came home but by the end of the first week I was managing 2L per day no problem. The trick is to find which one better suits you, hot or cold. In early days I could get much more warm fluids in than cold fluids. So I would have a half cup tea/coffee/hot choc and sip tiny sips and then I would get a fresh warm cup and start again. Some have said cold was easier because of the reduction of swelling. So ice lollies, frosty milkshakes, iced water or juice may go down better for you. Remember, drinking yogurts without bits and sugar-free jellies count towards fluids!

Nic;)

Hi Rose
aw bless your wee one they just don't understand and not easy for you to stop them for jumping up. I was drinking quite well and eating baby yogharts 4 days post op without any prob( i was keyhole) but remember we are all different in our healing process. Take care and it is early days x

hi "rose" glad your feeling ok just take it easy and you`ll b dropping stones b4 you know it xxheather

hi nic (phatgirl) i have to say" WOW" you look amazing in your new pic well done you !!! xheather:D:D

I had an ice lolly this evening, fab! I am sending hubby out for sugar free jelly tomorrow.
Haven't tried anything warm yet, and I know I have only had 500ml of water today, must try harder tomorrow.
Thanks for all the advice!

Can anyone give me some advice on post op nausea? If I am awake I feel sick at the moment and it's horrible!!

Had my bypass but feeling awful!

Had to get an emergency gp appointment this morning for some stemetil to help with the nausea. Haven't been able to keep even a sip of water down in 36 hours so becoming dehydrated. Not good!

The pain in my tummy is lots better tho.

Thanks for all the messages

Rx

Had to get an emergency gp appointment this morning for some stemetil to help with the nausea. Haven't been able to keep even a sip of water down in 36 hours so becoming dehydrated. Not good!

The pain in my tummy is lots better tho.

Thanks for all the messages

Rx

Oh sorry to hear your feeling so poorly....I hope you feel better soon.

(((hugs)))

congrats on the op & hope ur feeling better soon :) x

congratulations on beeing on right side of op i hope you are feeling better soon .............kath x

Congrats! I am so sorry you were feeling so sick. I am glad your GP could help.

Hi everyone

Sorry for being away a while, I have had the worst week ever.

To start with, as I said further up the thread that I was nauseus, well that got worse. I didn't keep anything down for 3 days, was dizzy and extremely dehydrated and in a lot of stomach pain, and on Thursday I got rushed in as an emergency to Sunderland Royal Hospital (not where i had the op).

I had every part of me scanned, xrayed, prodded and poked.

After 4 nights of IV therapy (fluids, anti-emetics, and 2 lots of antibiotics) I was finally discharged yesterday.

I have had the worst 10 days of my life, and feel like I have been hit by a truck.

But now I have started on pureed diet, trying hard to drink fluids (but that's hard) and I am feeling a lot better than I did.

I also met lots of people that were getting bands and bypasses in Sunderland which was nice.

Fingers crossed it will get better from here.

Hope everyone else is ok.

Rx

Congratulations. It is such an exciting time and i know all of us on here will be sending you warmest wishes for a speedy and HEALTHY recovery. Take care. xxx

oh rose i hope u r feeling better ,i have been looking out or you on here to see how u went did ,they find out what the problem was ? and did wlsg help you xxheather

Back