• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Had my first post op temptation today.

yorkiegal

Baxter's mum
I arranged for those lovely people from sainsburys to deliver my shopping today as I can't walk more than a few yards still and certainly can't pick anything up.

So I ordered some of those fat free mini milk ices to keep in my freezer but I forgot to tick the box for 'alternative options'

The ******* only went and sent me Belgian Chocolate Icecream bars!!

I gave them to my neighbour who had come over to unpack my shopping for me. Then I sat and had a cup of milky coffee. :(

I didn't actually want to eat them all. Pre-op I would have eaten all 8 in one go. All I wanted today was to lick the chocolate lol.

Well done for resisting x

I've got so weight watchers ones in my freezer and keep looking & thinking I ought to eat them before my surgery rather than leave them to tempt me post op. Well done for the self restraint. Glad to hear you are doing well in yourself and taking it slowly.

The neighbour I gave the icecream to has popped round with some mini milks which she went out for especially. They're a cheaper brand so I was a bit worried. I had a third and Baxter the dog had the rest. No after effects from either of us yet lol. It's the strangest feeling knowing that there are some more in the freezer and not wanting to go and eat the lot.

Hi, I have had a couple of scoops of vanilla ice cream in the evenings and it is a refreshing change from Soup - no side effects at all xx sorry to hear you are struggling with moving around - I actually feel as though I havent had an operation? Maybe they are kidding me!! LOL xx

I'm moving a little better today. I can walk around the flat and seem absolutely fine, then suddenly get that nasty burning sensation right down my left side and through to my back. It's bad enough that I want to go and sit down again but not so bad that it's dehabilitating really. I'm not taking painkillers now.

Well done for resisting! I'd have been ok rejecting the ice creams, but if someone sent me a quiche by accident I'd seriously struggle not to eat it!!

H x

Back