• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

had op on wednesday the 27th april

bigbob

hi all well did not end up getting the bypass opened me up and bled too much so sleeve for me .as i have sleep apnoea they had a bad time bringing me round even when i was round took till 12 midnight to feel human first thing is wind my god it not good really struggled to drink first two days felt like i had a blockage but just pushed on and today feel loads easier
so i will let you know how my life goes from here
only thing i can say is the staff on ward b26 were perfect could not meet a more caring bunch and so pleased i had my operation at sunderland:kissass:

Welcome back and congratulations x

Welcome back. i agree the staff are great.

Welcome back Bigbob. Glad to hear you are okay after the scare and you are now one of the elite on here, a sleiver :) I hear you on the pain, i had my bypass open and that was nothing compared to the pain of the wind :(

Here's hoping your as successful as our other slievers and we see lots more of you posting but a lot less of you on your follow up pics.

Please don't be a stranger, we need you x

glad you are starting to feel a bit better, I will see the staff at SRH myself in 2 weeks time in going in for my BP on the 16th op on the 17th so getting prepared as we speak. starting the pre op diet a week today. so I hope I can cope as well as you seem to have. All the best keep up the good work

all the best chap it get better as the days pass keep sipping the fluids lol

Sorry to hear you didn't have the best of starts, but from ow on your WL journey begins.
Wishing you all the best for the future
X

Glad it all went ok in the end. I had same, went in for Bypass had a sleeve, but its all good Bob :) you will feel normal in a few more days, wind is horrible, just keep moving. Had my op 1st April and 4 weeks in have lost 1 and half stone... But in total 4 and half stone since Oct. xx

hi yeah think so i was the big daft bloke in bay 1 bed one having kittens glad every thing went well for you keep going no turning back now

well had my puppy out for a walk to day bit breathless just got to take my time but feel so much better no pain killers yesterday and no peppermint today so things are on the up and up has any one got any diet advise for the first couple of weeks as i keep getting conflicting advise thanks
bob

Hi Bob, Welcome to the club :) I was sleeved on the 31st March. My first 2 weeks i was told just to have clear fluids. So i had a protein shake for breakfast, 2 of my nutrichew multivitamins, clear soups and juice and that was fine. After 2 weeks i had 1 week of total mush - fruit puree, blended chunky soups and veg. Week 4 was mushy but not blended so eggs, baked beans that type of thing and then last week i started on solid food in bit size pieces. The dietician made me buy a portion bowl and plate for sleevers and honestly its fantastic.

At the moment i am having half a cup of sultana bran for breakfast with fortified milk, Generally a piece of chicken or something for lunch and chunky soup for tea.

Hope that helps a little bit :)

Back