• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

had to buy undies for op, bit down.

mummykcb

Went to buy larger pants for op and got the size i thought i was but they're a bit on the tight side. Will this matter for the op. Thought i better check as dont want to wear the paper ones.

Pre op, so don't know. On the plus side, everyone seems to lose plenty on the pre op diet, so maybe they won't be tight by D Day.

Im pre op to and its hard to know what size you will need by then as emmten said they could be looser after pre op diet :) x

i only have 5 days left so not long enough for them to get that loose

You might be surprised.....hope they fit! good luck for your op, what are you having? x

Having a gastric band on Sunday with David Hewin. very much looking forward to it.

Dont worry about the knicker situation, they will be too big in no time, I was banded on the 1st Sept and I had quite tight knickers on, they were pulled down but kept on but you wont know whats going on until you wake up.

Please dont be down and good luck xx

Jane

I was at dolan park and took cotton knickers but had to wear the paper ones, surgeons choice apparently x

I had my band done at Roland park on 25/8/12 I had all new cotton pants and I was told to have a shower and put on paper pants I said could I not wear my own and they said no it was what I had to wear

So don't stress to much as u may have to wear paper one there very sexy!!

On plus side ur out of it so u really don't worrie about it
Best luck for ur op x

Lisa

I dont like the idea of not wearing underpants, and this has worried me now. Also i cant shower as i have a fear of water splashing in my face which is why i always bath, and i need assistance due to my disabilities. I'm now being really put off having the procedure, this is not good.

mummykcb said:
I dont like the idea of not wearing underpants, and this has worried me now. Also i cant shower as i have a fear of water splashing in my face which is why i always bath, and i need assistance due to my disabilities. I'm now being really put off having the procedure, this is not good.

Oh am sorry I did not mean to worry u I was just telling u about my experience maybe give them a call so they can answer ur question and they will tell u if they have a bath am sure they prob have
Best luck Lisa x

even if they do have a bath i doubt it will be kitted out with disabled handrails, i was going to have a bath before leaving home. Been told i cant have my hubby with me so thats bad enough, and all these things adding up are making me wish i knew more. I even asked questions about the anaestectic which they couldnt answer for me and said i cant speak to the anaestesiologist until the op, even though i almost died having my last operation by general anaestectic. Its actually quite off putting them not telling me everything. I even asked about the pre op diet and they didnt give me all the answers.

What about ur patience adviser or if u can't get answer call them and ask to speak to manager of thg u need ur mind put at easy!!

They can't discrement agaist disable people with bath they must have some think?? Y can't u have ur hubbie with u??

I did have a shower at 4 then they picked me up at 530 booked in at 7 and I was told to shower with there shower stuff which is not purfumed and also no deodorant

Please try not to worrie x

They told me that he can drive me there but not allowed to stay with me. Patient advisor told me to follow 1000 cal diet but when i said is there anything i shouldnt eat she said i could have anything as long as it was under 1000cal a day that was fine, but on here i'm getting mixed messages about what to have. I'm worried that what i'm doing wont be enough and i'll wake up with no band.

I was told to do either 1000cal or milk and yoguart so I did 1week 1000cal so I cut down them 1week milk and yoguart so my liver was small.

Ur husband can stay with u he can't stay the nite but there a premium inn or travel lodge about 5 min away he can stay at.
He can come to hop stay with u, u go down he can stay in ur room they even have a menu for food he can order as long as u place ur order by 10am he can have like steak chips!!
And then he can stay with u after op but will have to leave on nite time this is where he will go to hotel
And come back early morning to take u home ie kick out time 7am ready for next lot patience to come in
So don't stress he can come with u!! My husband stayed at home with my kids but my coz dad went with her as she didn't want to go by her self she in her 20
Hope I put ur mind at easy a little more now x

I don't think they will have any paper knickers to fit me!! LOL. :)

Good luck with your op. I wish you a speedy recovery and look forward to reading your success story!

Chrissy x

ive been doing 1000 cal but as a liquid diet, but due to milk intolerance its been awful. didnt realise you got kicked out that early the next day. hardly seems worth him going to the hotel. my main worry is having problems waking up from the General Anastetic. I think once its over i'm going to sleep very well.

Could you not set the shower low down or take it off the holder to hand shower they will have a stoo/chair to sit on.the knickers will disappear during the op,some are catherterised and knicks would get in the way,Tbh you will be uncomfortable after surgery and wont give your nether regions a second thought.This surgery is hard enough without adding to the worries you already have,try to relax and look at the bigger picture.The results far outway all your worries honest!Maz x

Back