• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hair loss, feet shrinking and gurgling! OMG!!

Purple Sparkle

Well, they say they come in 3's!!!

Ok, so my hair is falling out like never before - am blocking the plug hole every time I wash it and even the gentlest of brushes is resulting in a good handful coming out. Am taking vit D tablets along with a multi vitamin every day - any more ideas or suggestions?

Feet shrinking - arrggh - with being overweight for so long my one constant was that I could buy shoes and handbags - they always fit!! But now, I went to put on my winter shoes and boots and they are now at least half a size to big! I can pad out the boots with socks, but not a good look for my shoes - anyone else now got skinny feet? lol

And the final thing - gurgling whilst eating - very loudly! Does it ever stop, or is this it now? I have tried slowing right down, smaller mouthfuls but nothing seems to be able to calm it down - it starts after first couple of spoonfuls and continues until about 10 minutes after i have finished - it's not my stomach its in my throat - still amusing me at the minute but can see it starting to annoy me soon!

Anyway - still smiling!! :D

Justine x

You can try a skin, hair and nail supplement. It doesn't stop the hair loss but it slows it a bit. There's a L'oreal shampoo/conditioner aswell. It's in a black and shocking pink bottle. It helps strengthen your hair.

I'm a year post op and I still get the gurgling. I asked my dietitian about it and she said that this is quite normal post op. Hope this has helped :)

Im 13 months out and my stomach still gurgles, it is likely to be an ongoing thing with the band because of how it works.

I've also lost over 2 shoe sizes - but I love the fact I can walk into the shop, any shop and find a pair of shoes and boots that fit and not having to do a 100 mile + trip to a shop that stocked my old size. Embrace it - you will get through many clothes and shoes as you come down through the sizes - I now have over 7 wardrobes to get rid of lol

Due to my Marfan, my feet never really got bigger, my hands and feet are the only parts of me that didn't get fatter, lol, so no, not problem for me there.

It may sound weird, but I quite like the sound of the gurgling, it's much more gentle than a tummy rumble and I like the sensation of it too.

Still no hair loss either, mind you, I did get it cropped and stopped bleaching in preparation for the op, though it best not to stress it too much.

I will suggest again to stop using shampoo. Just wash well with conditioner instead, it doesn't foam like shampoo does but still cleans the hair, do it twice if need be, it stops the hair getting stripped of its natural oils and protects it that way. Try it for a few weeks, see if that helps at all?

You are not alone :) I have all 3 too lol. My hair is dropping out like its going out of fashion :(. I went on holiday 2 weeks ago and all my 'holiday shoes' were way too big. luckily my feet swell badly when abroad so they fitted again lol. I get the gurgling when I eat and drink too especially when I'm drinking. I have an appointment to see my surgeon on 3rd October to rule out an obstruction because I am also feeling constantly overly full even when I haven't eaten. Good luck x

I've yet to experience the gurgling, but my hair is falling out. Luckily I have very thick hair, so it's not especially noticeable yet. I am trying to cram as much protein into my diet as I can - I've quit my daily latte habit so I can have a protein shake instead. Not sure whether it will make any difference or whether it will be something I just have to ride out.
If I find something that works I'll let you know x

Just had to buy 3 pairs of new boots for winter as old boots finally zipped over my fat calfs, and then were far too big! Primark have some nice knee high boots.
I got my hair cut really short as I knew it would fall out. It went very thin in August but I have kept it short just in case as it looks thicker. It's part and parcel of the surgery but temporary and no one goes bald!
My nails are a mess. Think I have a nail fungal infection too on my feet. Not attractive. But hidden it for too long with nail varnish and need to get it sorted. Hubby had one and the nurse said I could have caught it, but I have never had one and think its due to my surgery. But no complaints. Loving the new me, gammy big toe nail and all!!!

I havent felt the gurgling effect yet lol, i have lost a shoe size though(i think its crazy lol) My hair also shredded but since ive been taking biotin it seems to have stopped falling out now! My nails are so weak/thin tho its awful but im trying to use nail strengthener on them.. Everything really does come in threes lol! x

I can relate to the gurgling... I'm a sleever and the gurgling is so loud!! :)

Thanks everyone - have been and bought some strengthening shampoo and conditioner and some Mr Muscle to unblock the plughole! And I am looking forward to buying some new shoes to go with my new clothes!

Justine x

Back