• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hair loss?

That was my sentiments exactly. No regrets so far.

Mine is still coming out . I have just come back from the hairdressers having had my longish (bra back length) cut in to a short crop. A really short crop ! Have to say it was looking terrible but looks quite thick now. It certainly looks better and I'm glad I went with the hairdressers advice to have a good prune. I'd never have had it anywhere near this short when i had a moon face !

I know what you mean I've tried perms & having it cut shorter each time from halfway down my back pre-op to above shoulder length. Adding a fringe etc as part of my metamorphosis from fat to thin.

I even had my bushy eyebrows waxed yesterday. I think they're still a work in progress but I'm getting there with the final new look hairstyle.

I think next time it will be a short at the back bob longer at the front, whether it is going to be permed or straight I'm still working on in my head, but I'm getting there.

I think as we slim down our confidence grows & we change our outward appearance from the old us to show the new more confident us.

Good luck as you find the new look for the new you.

Love the new piccy Penelope xx

Thanks Dawn slowly finding a new style for the new me that suits & I'm comfortable with & not mutton dressed as lamb. Had eyebrows done on Wednesday not happy with those yet mind you this is from a woman whose never bothered until now with them. Contacts ordered to replace glasses & reaching the point where I can buy more expensive good quality clothes rather than cheap ones or charity shop bargains to shrink out of. The butterfly is beginning to emerge just still a little shy for the final reveal just yet.

Hi,
I am 10mts post op and my fringe is really fine and broken.
I am really fussy about my hair as i used to be a hairdresser .I am at the moment finding it really awful to do anything with . I have had it cut really short as it is so broken and fine. But there is lots of new hair coming thank god...

Thinking I am going to have a good shorter cut.

hello my hair thinned loads i had it cut into a bob and used redkin protien shot shampoo and conditioner ive moved onto lanza protien shampoo and conditioner now as i feel they really have helped and a year out and my hairdresser thinks my hair is back to normal.. it does pass xxx

I wonder how favourable gp's take pity & prescribe us something that can help, that is if there is something.

hello my hair thinned loads i had it cut into a bob and used redkin protien shot shampoo and conditioner ive moved onto lanza protien shampoo and conditioner now as i feel they really have helped and a year out and my hairdresser thinks my hair is back to normal.. it does pass xxx

Which Lanza products did you use as there are so many? Thx

Thx will get some. My hair is worrying me so much. Have bought tangle tweeze hair brush & a detangler spray. Frightened to style hair with dryer, tongs & straightener so drying au natural. Looks a mess!

Im currently being fed via a NJ tube (nasal-jejuna) further to complications of my op and have been Nil by Mouth for 4 months. Despite taking Dalivit drops and Sanatogen complete A-Z flushed through the tube daily, in the last month Ive shed alot of hair.

When I get out of bed in the morning its like a German Shepherds been in my bed. When washing my hair I shed alot, Im scared if I use wash and go it will go! To try combat this, Ive cut off all my long hair in the hope that because its shorter the nutrients and vitamins tha I am getting will make it stay longer or help it to rejuvenate..

Just trying to pluck up the courage to go to the hairdresser.

Back