• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hair question

Newmelani

I was wondering did any of you lose a lot of hair? My hair has always been my "beautiful part"and it scares me to think a bunch might fall out!

Thinned quiet a bit from 4th month but coming back at 8/10months.Condition very coarse though!

i have really long hair...down to my bum... ooh i might have to have it cut :-(

going by what a lot of people of saying its only a temperary glinch... and if you were to diet without surgery and lose lots of weight it can also happen then aswell xx

The team at the hospital said it can happen usually around five months post op but they have already sent a letter to my GP as to what medication I will need if it does happen x

Hi

I've lost a lot of hair :-( it started about 2-3 months post op and is now finally lessening :)
It still seems a small price to pay for all the weight I've lost :) :)

Hi
My hair went really thin around 6 months it seemed to be falling out in handfulls and it was pretty long. It started to grow back and I had it cut shorter to cope with it better.It now feels really thick again.From what I have read and done I dont think anything makes much difference it is your bodies way of coping with loosing.It will grow back as someone already said it is a small price to pay but by gum its worth the new life.

All the best
Jo
xx

Thank you all! I have a lot of hair and losing some of it would be worth it for being thinner and healthy! I'm so anxious to get this journey started!!!

I have read that it is the 3rd part of the hair growth cycle that is 'on hold' while you are loosing a lot of weight as all the bodies spare energy goes to the essential organs. One weight stabilises then the 3 stages of hair growth return to normal again.
Like some of you say...small price to pay for being slim, there area always hats!

Hey just wanted to reassure you that my hair thinned alot! but im now 8 months post op and its reasuming normality and the loss has stopped so dont panics sweets! your crowning glory will be fine :)

hi

mine started to come out from day 1 (seriously) its stopped now (6months post op) and is growing back. I take selenium, biotin and zinc in addition to the other vits/mins we take. luck of the draw i think xxx

Just wanted to say my hair came out quite a lot,I was worried about brushing it!
A great tip came from grace a member on here,a tangle teezer brush.
It was a godsend as it didn't yank my hair out when brushing.
Even though it's a protein issue as to why your hair comes out x

Has anyone noticed that the texture of their hair has changed since surgery? Since my hair has stopped coming out, I now have so much static in it! Even with using straighteners it stands up on end! I hate it.
Has this happened to anyone else? I'd love to know if it has.

X

sort of... mine coming back and its whispy im hoping as it gets longer this will change (almost like baby hair lol) im just pleased its coming back as it was terribly thin and you could see my top scalp xx

Also, my hair is naturally curly. I wonder if that will change at all. When I had both of my kids, it got curlier each time.

My hair started shedding more than normal within a few weeks of the op, but from other posts on here I knew it was just the bodies reaction to the surgery much the same as after you give birth for women & does grow back it's not permanent, it's purely hormonal but also added to that it can be aggravated by lack of zinc so ensuring your multi vitamins & minerals includes zinc will help alleviate the symptoms. Mine is now slowing now at almost 6mths post-op.

Back