• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hampshire area

lynnepoth

Anyone in Hampshire had surgery on nhs? I have bmi of 48 no other health issues as such, just about to start tier 3 weight management. Is there anyone similar been through this as I know it varies by area.

Thanks

Hi yes I did it in Hampshire. My BMI was 49-51 and I had no other health problems. The tier 3 weight ahead took 6 months and I lost about 1 stone. Based on their recommendations my GP referred me in December and I had a surgery 2 weeks ago. Good luck. I think as long your BMI is above 45 you can qualify.

Hi lily well I best not lose too much weight on it !!!!! I was worried as in Winchester whether funding would be possible! Did you ask about surgery when you started the course?

I asked what I have to do to qualify for surgery and they told me to loose 5-10% of my initial weight and to attend all sessions. In the end of process they send a letter with recommendation. The GP reffers for the surgery based on their recommendation. I found the Thier3 process actually very helpful and it gave me some good insights into why I am eating too much. I am two weeks after surgery now and although I am not hungry I am constantly thinking about food. I feel like an addict going cold turkey:) But I lost already a stone so fingers crossed I will sort out my head soon !:)

Well hope my gp supports me as she seems to think I should settle at not losing loads and settle for 18 stone being my norm!!!! I only got to tier 3 as went to a different doctor ! I have been going to the doctor every year about my weight since I was 15!

Back