• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Happy Happy Happy

angelajoy1961

Bypass on 23rd June
Just got back from my L&D appointment to see if I lost my 5% on the milk diet.
The nurse was really lovely by the way, and she said I had needed to lose 5kgs and I have lost ......... 8.2kgs woohoo :D

Not only that but she said as I had done so well (I've lost 27lbs since my first visit in October) I would be referred to the new surgeon and he hasn't got a waiting list so I could be done before the summer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How bloody happy am I ???????????

Shes going to refer me at the meeting on Monday and I should hear fairly soon when my appointment with him is.

I met a lady in the waiting room who was with the new guy and her surgery has been brought forwards by 6 weeks !!

Happy happy happy happy :happy036::happy036::happy036:

yay..well done Angela..that's fantastic news..
i hope i get a date when i go back in a 10 days time...(preferably before summer too!)
did they say what the surgeons name is..?
i bet you are very happy right now..
really pleased for you Angela....keep us posted when you get your date....

I'm really looking forwards to the re-feed diet so I can eat chicken - I've been fantasising about a whole roast chicken for 4 weeks haha but I'm going to have to make do with 3oz lol

i cannot wait for the refeed angela..i so badly want to crunch something..
have they given you a list of foods you can eat??
not much has been said to me regarding refeeding.

awh angela that is fantastic news!!! all your hard work has finally paid off..good luck on getting a date fairly soon ..i am over the moon for you, i know how important this journey is for all of us x

Hi Angela

Thats fantastic news well done :D If there is no waiting list why are they making you wait till the summer for the op??

Enjoy your chicken, I am not jealous that you can eat at all lol

I've got to wait til summer as I have to see the surgeon and anaethetist (sp) and then have a pre-op and 2 weeks on the milk again and I guess that all takes time

Thanks for all your lovely posts ladies xxx

hi I'm L&D too :)

well done how wonderful!!

What are you eating now then? cause i just thought they let you get on with life but u need to maintain it yourself?

do you they give you another list of foods to eat?

I've been given the re-feed diet - I'm allowed 2pts of semi skim milk / 1 snack - a poached egg on 1 slice of toast, bag of crisps (yes really), & lots more options / 1 small meal

They give you a sheet to follow and you should lose more weight on this diet apparently !

Ill scan the diet sheet tomorrow and see if I can post it xx

yeaaahhhhhhhh! shouldnt be much longer for you then hun! well done on your weight loss! xxx

Back