• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Not wls related, but can anyone help?

Yvessa

Hi guys,

One of my friends from high school has a disabled son. She is looking for old unused mobile phones. If anyone can help, it would make a huge difference. Details below.
How many of you have crappy old mobile phones lurking in a drawer that you have no use for anymore?
We have registered for a scheme that will help to raise funds for a charity that supports families affected by Autism (Hearts and Minds) AND will get Logan an iPad that he can have exclusive use of for his movies/music and communication/development Apps. We'd need 165 phones - please can you comment or message me if you think you may be able to help?

Although we are aware that there are charities that we could approach to supply this technology, and recycling schemes with which we could raise cash for the phones to reach the goal sooner, we really like the concept of being able to 'Pay it Forward' and benefit other families in addition to benefitting our own.

For those of you who don't know Logan, he is 2.5yrs old has severe Spastic Quadriplegia Cerebral Palsy, Global Developmental Delay, Epilepsy, Microcephaly, Gastro-Oesophagal Reflux disease and is severely visually impaired (CVI - registered blind although has some light perception) he is non-mobile and non-verbal. iPads have evolved as fantastic tools for the aid of communication and development in Children like Logan and we would appreciate any help offered in achieving this goal

Please feel free to share this picture/status and refer people back to the page for details on where to send phones (will respond with address by pm only)

Last edited:
sorry yves only just recently passed all mine onto the hospital. hope she gets enough xx

Thanks anyway - I know its asking a lot - just hope I can help.

its not asking alot i would of gladly sent them too you just couple weeks too late x

Just a quickie . . .do they have to be working? or are they ok if there's a fault or whatever with them?

no top cat any condition accepted :)

I'm sorry to put a downer on it but my son has epilepsy and he can't have an I pad because of the graphics and the way the screen is swiped it affects the photosensitive aspect and can cause fits , the screen flickers when dragged speedily which children tend to do ( he is not a child by the way 24 yrs old) I don't have one so might be speaking out of turn and am sure the hospital know what they are doing, just personal experience xxx good luck with it :)

Not at all angie - I know very little about it - only that his mum is a very devoted mum and works very hard to try and help his development. I will pass on to her and see what she says.

Yves pls pm me the address. I have a couple of old samsung phones one working one not and I upgrade my own phone on the 12th so can then send my present phone also

Can u ask her if it has to be an ipad tablet, or would another android tablet with equivalent specifications suffice??

Ah okay

His mum has just said that he isn't photosensitive and has had extensive testing. Due to his ataxic movements - hope that's right - he won't be able to swipe it quickly.

he does have a normal pc but when he was small we had to restrict what games etc he could play on the old mega drive, had to limit time as well to 20 mins a day even then he still had fits sometimes and bad headaches so then had to stop altogether for a week or so xxx but kids are kids and sometimes we have to let them do what everyone else is doing so they're not made more of an outsider than they already are :) I hope he finds something suitable bless him :)

I think he is extremely disabled bless him. I know they has to rig a special switch for him so he could turn on the Christmas lights.

maybe then it will be worth getting it so he can enjoy some quality of life xxx I hope she didn't think I was sticking my nose in xxx same as ourselves little and quality does us good xx

I am sure she didn't mind. She is very sincere ands own to earth and just seems pleased that people care.

Back