• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can Finally Say Hey!

Hey all, been a quiet weekend this end. Would have been my Mum's 60th birthday yesterday so that's been playing on my mind, as these things do. I imagine we would have thrown her a surprise party. She loved a good knees up.

As for me I've been gradually trying different foods. Tolerating things like scrambled and poached eggs as an alternative to the skyr for breakfast. Still relying a lot on soups but have started having chunkier ones. Also still working out portions of more textured foods. Worked out it's too early to try cous cous as well. I swear it swelled in my stomach. Was well uncomfortable. Live and learn and all that. The iso Pro from 'my protein' has been ideal for helping with protein demands. Been having them everyday.

So got on the scales and am down by about another stone and a half in the nearly 3 weeks since the op! Crazy start and I'm really happy with that. I feel like things are going to slow right down now though. This week's changes seem smaller than last week's if that makes sense. They say about water weight etc. That said I'm hoping to be back in the teens in the next couple weeks so that'll be another cool milestone.

Hey all, been a quiet weekend this end. Would have been my Mum's 60th birthday yesterday so that's been playing on my mind, as these things do. I imagine we would have thrown her a surprise party. She loved a good knees up.

As for me I've been gradually trying different foods. Tolerating things like scrambled and poached eggs as an alternative to the skyr for breakfast. Still relying a lot on soups but have started having chunkier ones. Also still working out portions of more textured foods. Worked out it's too early to try cous cous as well. I swear it swelled in my stomach. Was well uncomfortable. Live and learn and all that. The iso Pro from 'my protein' has been ideal for helping with protein demands. Been having them everyday.

So got on the scales and am down by about another stone and a half in the nearly 3 weeks since the op! Crazy start and I'm really happy with that. I feel like things are going to slow right down now though. This week's changes seem smaller than last week's if that makes sense. They say about water weight etc. That said I'm hoping to be back in the teens in the next couple weeks so that'll be another cool milestone.
Well done on excellent weight loss xx

Wow fabulous loss :)

You are doing super well to be a few weeks out. Does your food plan suggest you can try cous cous less than a month post op? That did sounds quite adventurous. I'm glad the eggs are going well. Have you tried any fish yet, eg smoked salmon, mackeral or the like. They are really soft and well tolerated in the soft food stages.

Congratulations on the weight loss.x

Wow what a fantastic weight loss, very well Donne on it and how well your doing x

that's great your doing well

Thanks all. It's more progress than I've ever seen in this time frame before. Very positive. :D

You are doing super well to be a few weeks out. Does your food plan suggest you can try cous cous less than a month post op? That did sounds quite adventurous. I'm glad the eggs are going well. Have you tried any fish yet, eg smoked salmon, mackeral or the like. They are really soft and well tolerated in the soft food stages.

Congratulations on the weight loss.x

I was given a few suggestions like scrambled eggs, and two sample days as an example but wasn't given a plan as such. Been left to work it all out really. I've had a few fish yeah. Cod, smoked salmon and tuna. All went down well enough. x

Think I'm starting to settle into the routine now. Used to being able to eat only a few bites of anything with texture. The more texture the quicker I feel 'full'. My brains catching up slowly!
Been noticing a bit of acid reflux or something but keeping it at bay with the Lansoprazole and the odd gaviscon.
Still trying not to number crunch too much but can't help but notice just how calorific everything is! It's amazing how many calories I must have been scoffing without ever being aware. 90% of what's in the supermarket seems to just be junk. This process is definitely an education.

I split my dosage 40g of omzeprazole to 20g in the morning and 20g at night to help with the acid. My first prescription was just for 40g in the morning and by 6/7pm I started to feel the acid. Maybe you can talk to your GP about that to help.

It's always the delicious foods that have the most calories too... sigh.

Thanks Kim that might be just the tonic; I'll try that tomorrow. Was definitely gunna mention it to the gp next time I see him. It's a small price to pay I guess and fairly manageable once the meds are sorted!

Yeah that's definitely true! I did allow myself a beer the other night. Total waste of calories but I was at the cinema and fancied a treat after all that milk and soup over the last few months! (I did walk there and back though) Thankfully it was controlled and didn't spin me off course. It used to only take one thing to open the flood gates so I consider that a win. Apart from that I've been very mindful of those calories and try to only eat something if it's got some nutritional benefit. Seems to be working so far. Tend not to go above 200-250 a meal. Protein where I can cram it in. Thinking I could lift some light weights soon. Also looking forward to getting that bike.

Fabulous, well done x

How's things @Elias

Did you get a chance to talk to your gp about possibly splitting your acid reducers?

Hey all thanks for the check up am doing alright thanks! @slimkim I've not made it to the docs as my social anxiety has been savage the last few days but I did order some nexium to take when the Lansoprazole runs out in the evening. Has been helping so when I do get to the docs I'll just ask for an evening dose like you said.

At last count a few days ago I was down back into the teens just about so am definitely super stoked about that. Was 19st 10 I think so I'm definitely still going in the right direction. Can't believe how quickly it's working! Probably not seen this weight for 4 or 5 years! Just over 5 more stone til I reach my goal!

Food wise I've not touched anything like bread or pasta but am pretty much back to the full variety of textures. Little changes make a big difference I've noticed. Eg I can have two back bacon medallions from Tesco and two medium eggs scrambled which fills me right up but is only 200 cals. Feels like a cooked breakfast to me. A real small tin of beans is 200 cals and an extra 200 for the bread so by just removing those (which I couldn't actually manage now but always had before) it's cutting the calories by 2 thirds... And that's without including sausages etc. As i realised before those sneaky buggers are everywhere but they are manageable if you pick (or perhaps just as importantly drop) the right things! Still eating plenty of veg where I can but have prioritised protein overall. Not been rigourously counting every meal but as I said before I'm getting a good idea so I know I'm not breaching 1k cals at this point. Usually more like 6-8. Did have another pint the other day. Another 200 cal waste but I bloody enjoyed it haha. Just helps build the self control!

The walkings slowed down but that's because of my anxiety more than anything. Will pick up more as that settles. Bought me some weights so should get on with a few reps soon. I just have to battle my brain as exercise definitely doesn't come naturally!

Apart from the acid reflux I haven't had any other issues post op. If I didn't feel the restriction and lack of hunger i'd never even know I'd had the surgery a month ago.

I'm so pleased to hear from you. It's great that you are feeling the restriction. It's such a weird feeling in the beginning to be content with such small amounts of food. I'm glad the dose at night is helping manage your acid. I hope you start feeling a bit more social and get out and about soon. I battle with exercising too. I hate it but I just barely push myself to get it done.x

Hey all thanks for the check up am doing alright thanks! @slimkim I've not made it to the docs as my social anxiety has been savage the last few days but I did order some nexium to take when the Lansoprazole runs out in the evening. Has been helping so when I do get to the docs I'll just ask for an evening dose like you said.

At last count a few days ago I was down back into the teens just about so am definitely super stoked about that. Was 19st 10 I think so I'm definitely still going in the right direction. Can't believe how quickly it's working! Probably not seen this weight for 4 or 5 years! Just over 5 more stone til I reach my goal!

Food wise I've not touched anything like bread or pasta but am pretty much back to the full variety of textures. Little changes make a big difference I've noticed. Eg I can have two back bacon medallions from Tesco and two medium eggs scrambled which fills me right up but is only 200 cals. Feels like a cooked breakfast to me. A real small tin of beans is 200 cals and an extra 200 for the bread so by just removing those (which I couldn't actually manage now but always had before) it's cutting the calories by 2 thirds... And that's without including sausages etc. As i realised before those sneaky buggers are everywhere but they are manageable if you pick (or perhaps just as importantly drop) the right things! Still eating plenty of veg where I can but have prioritised protein overall. Not been rigourously counting every meal but as I said before I'm getting a good idea so I know I'm not breaching 1k cals at this point. Usually more like 6-8. Did have another pint the other day. Another 200 cal waste but I bloody enjoyed it haha. Just helps build the self control!

The walkings slowed down but that's because of my anxiety more than anything. Will pick up more as that settles. Bought me some weights so should get on with a few reps soon. I just have to battle my brain as exercise definitely doesn't come naturally!

Apart from the acid reflux I haven't had any other issues post op. If I didn't feel the restriction and lack of hunger i'd never even know I'd had the surgery a month ago.
Great to hear from you, it’s sound like surgery and food wise your doing great, I hope you can overcome some of the social anxiety to be able to get out a bit more especially as the sun should be showing it’s face soon

Thanks Kim. Yeah it's amazing. I'm not sure which I like more the lack of hunger or the lack of space! My head still thinks it can manage more than it can but it's slowly getting in line! Yeah I'm really grateful for the advice re reflux as that was getting quite heavy but definitely better for the extra tablet.

From how much quality exercise you're getting in you'd think you were a natural! You sound like a personal trainer or something! Hopefully like you said a few more little pushes and it'll all become more bearable! My body's been in hibernation mode for years so it's probably just taking a while to wake up! x

Thanks Kim. Yeah it's amazing. I'm not sure which I like more the lack of hunger or the lack of space! My head still thinks it can manage more than it can but it's slowly getting in line! Yeah I'm really grateful for the advice re reflux as that was getting quite heavy but definitely better for the extra tablet.

From how much quality exercise you're getting in you'd think you were a natural! You sound like a personal trainer or something! Hopefully like you said a few more little pushes and it'll all become more bearable! My body's been in hibernation mode for years so it's probably just taking a while to wake up! x

Hi Hun

Good to see you back and doing well hun x

Cheers Bling I've been meaning to post for days, I just get stuck in a bit of a solitary pit! It's great to catch up with everyone's achievements.
I love the sun and heat but it doesn't like me so much. With the weight and the anxiety I've tended over the last few summers to just become a sweaty anxious mess and I usually end up retreating home! Hopefully by tackling one side of it though I'll help with the other! I went to turkey last year with my ex and it was upwards of 40. Remembered how much I enjoy the sun! I did really benefit from the vitamin d boost. If I want to go to Machu Pichu I'll have to get used to hiking about in the heat! x

Haha I keep missing people out cos I'm replying as you post! Sorry for that Irene and thanks for the well wishes. You're making some good progress yourself. You'll be well in the right mindset by the time your surgery comes x

Haha I keep missing people out cos I'm replying as you post! Sorry for that Irene and thanks for the well wishes. You're making some good progress yourself. You'll be well in the right mindset by the time your surgery comes x

No problem hun fingers crossed for us all x

Back