• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can Finally Say Hey!

How are you getting on Elias, hope all is well :D

How are you getting on Elias, hope all is well :D

Hope your well x

Heya thanks for the well wishes I've had a hectic weekend but it's been nice. Caught up with my brother and neices as they came down from London. Had a family meal at a restaurant yesterday and just had the soup! Felt almost normal. Funny thing is everyone else's meals looked nice but proper overwhelming. It's funny how little appetite I have. Totally not like me!
I think my protein hasn't quite been up to scratch after looking at other people's diaries so I got a shake coming tomorrow from my protein which should help. It's low in everything but protein so ideal for weight loss.
I've kept up the walking as much as I can. I've been offered a bike so that could top up the exercise quota. Does anyone know how soon I could cycle post op? Don't plan anything too grueling.
Food has been pretty much the same. Skyr, soup and the odd smoothie. Bit limited for variety at this stage but have made a load of random concoctions to mix things up. Loads of veg has been key.
Really starting to feel the benefits already. Can't believe how quickly things have started to turn around. All of you lot inspire me that's for sure.

Last edited:
Glad u
Heya thanks for the well wishes I've had a hectic weekend but it's been nice. Caught up with my brother and neices as they came down from London. Had a family meal at a restaurant yesterday and just had the soup! Felt almost normal. Funny thing is everyone else's meals looked nice but proper overwhelming. It's funny how little appetite I have. Totally not like me!
I think my protein hasn't quite been up to scratch after looking at other people's diaries so I got a shake coming tomorrow from my protein which should help. It's low in everything but protein so ideal for weight loss.
I've kept up the walking as much as I can. I've been offered a bike so that could top up the exercise quota. Does anyone know how soon I could cycle post op? Don't plan anything too grueling.
Food has been pretty much the same. Skyr, soup and the odd smoothie. Bit limited for variety at this stage but have made a load of random concoctions to mix things up. Loads of veg has been key.
Really starting to feel healthier already. Can't believe how quickly things have started to turn around. All of you lot inspire me that's for sure.
your ok and managed your “meal” out, I struggle to fit ina protein shake as well most days but everyday I have a scoop of “my protein” unflavoured in water so that helps. I had my check up Thursday, 5 weeks rather than 6 post-op and was told I could cycle now. Well done on the veg, I’m bad at that x

Really starting to feel healthier already. Can't believe how quickly things have started to turn around. All of you lot inspire me that's for sure.
Today I had weetabix for breakfast then at 12 had yogurt 4 pm had sweet potato swede 1/2 corn beef slice all mashed up at 5 pm had a protein slimfast shake and at 6..30 had a yogurt had 5 green teas today plus protein waterx

Glad u
your ok and managed your “meal” out, I struggle to fit ina protein shake as well most days but everyday I have a scoop of “my protein” unflavoured in water so that helps. I had my check up Thursday, 5 weeks rather than 6 post-op and was told I could cycle now. Well done on the veg, I’m bad at that x
Thanks Bling I'm looking forward to being able to get on a bike. Will aim for week 5 then. Not too long. x

Today I had weetabix for breakfast then at 12 had yogurt 4 pm had sweet potato swede 1/2 corn beef slice all mashed up at 5 pm had a protein slimfast shake and at 6..30 had a yogurt had 5 green teas today plus protein waterx

Well done Sandra you're getting on really well. The green tea will definitely help with your fluids. I'm going to try and get in the habit of taking a water bottle with me to get more fluid. x

Thanks! I'm definitely boosted and inspired by all your successes. You've all come so far it's awesome! I've got a long way to go yet but I'm really starting to feel the potential. Yeah Kim moving definitely helps. xx

Speedy recovery Elias

Thanks! :) @Jules65 I hope your process doesn't take too long and you're where you wanna be as soon as possible!
well today I ate a smoked kipper I'm not a fish eater but really wanted fish weird it is high in protein and for my dinner made myself 2 egg omelette with ham tomato and cheeseand managed to eat it all so had a lot of protein today fish was nice it was small my hubby thought me weird also x

@sandra overton Well done, I've bought some fish too. It's a good lean form of protein! Going to try to get more into it myself too! There's a big variety to choose from. x
today got myself healthy eating cod moray from Tesco it was quite nice really just the right size fish in it I didn't eat the peas left a little bit of mash I picked myself up some protein cheese but haven't tried it yet I also tried a banana today was ok with that so today I had Weetabix with 100 mil of milk for lunch had chocolate protein shake banana cod moray for dinner then light yogurt 5 green teas and some water

So yesterday was the 2 week point and I started adding a bit of texture. Had usual skyr for breakfast then some spoons of high protein cottage cheese for lunch just to see how I dealt with it. All good so tried a bit of celeriac topped cottage pie (instead of spud) at dinner. Managed a lot less of that than I imagined. Definitely can fit less of it in than soup! My eyes were definitely bigger than my belly on that. Left me with a bit of head hunger so went back to the skyr in the evening.
My 'my protein' order came split so have been negotiating an exchange this whole time. Had hoped to be on it by now. May try the protein weetabix drink version for breakfast today, see if it was a matter of texture before.
Have had some days with less energy than others but for the most part I don't feel too bad. Still trying to walk as much as possible.
For the most part I'm all good. Still very pleased to be on this journey. :D As soon as I psych myself up for scales I'll update on that!

So yesterday was the 2 week point and I started adding a bit of texture. Had usual skyr for breakfast then some spoons of high protein cottage cheese for lunch just to see how I dealt with it. All good so tried a bit of celeriac topped cottage pie (instead of spud) at dinner. Managed a lot less of that than I imagined. Definitely can fit less of it in than soup! My eyes were definitely bigger than my belly on that. Left me with a bit of head hunger so went back to the skyr in the evening.
My 'my protein' order came split so have been negotiating an exchange this whole time. Had hoped to be on it by now. May try the protein weetabix drink version for breakfast today, see if it was a matter of texture before.
Have had some days with less energy than others but for the most part I don't feel too bad. Still trying to walk as much as possible.
For the most part I'm all good. Still very pleased to be on this journey. :D As soon as I psych myself up for scales I'll update on that!
Your doing incredibly well, I wish I could bring myself to try cottage cheese, I’m such a funny bugger with anything I consider to be out of the ordinary, I’m the Sam with feta, hallumi, Philadelphia, I really need to get over myself and at least try....one day. I’m glad you’ve managed to move on with your textures, it quite comforting to feel restriction isn’t it, well done on the continued walking and hope you get the order sorted soon x

That's unfortunate that your order had an issue. I hope they sort it soon. Its amazing how little texture foods you can fit in isn't it. I remember moving on from liquids. I could get in so much liquids I'd convince myself that I didn't have any restriction.

You seem to be settling in with your new digestive system and doing well with listening to your body. How are you finding it taking your medication? Are you still on liquids for those?

Your doing incredibly well, I wish I could bring myself to try cottage cheese, I’m such a funny bugger with anything I consider to be out of the ordinary, I’m the Sam with feta, hallumi, Philadelphia, I really need to get over myself and at least try....one day. I’m glad you’ve managed to move on with your textures, it quite comforting to feel restriction isn’t it, well done on the continued walking and hope you get the order sorted soon x

That's unfortunate that your order had an issue. I hope they sort it soon. Its amazing how little texture foods you can fit in isn't it. I remember moving on from liquids. I could get in so much liquids I'd convince myself that I didn't have any restriction.

You seem to be settling in with your new digestive system and doing well with listening to your body. How are you finding it taking your medication? Are you still on liquids for those?

It's really crazy the difference! I think I might try even less food for now because both textured meals I've had now have made me feel stuffed so quickly. It'll take a few to get it right I'm sure. The protein shake should be here tomorrow so that'll get my protein up to where it needs to be.
They've messed my meds up a bit as they've not given me nearly enough. So I've been on part pills part liquid. Getting a doctors appointment tomorrow to get it sorted. They're still doing their job though and my stomach hasn't had an issue with them.
So food today has been: Protein weetabix shake for breakfast (went better than before), veg soup at lunch and a small but perhaps not small enough portion of low fat fish pie for dinner. Snack was a Costa skinny latte.
Oh and @Bling Babe sliced halloumi when it's grilled or barbecued up can be rich. The cottage cheese wasn't all that interesting. Needed something with it.
x

ThAnks for the tip and glad the weetabix liquid went down better, good luck at the GP x

I like to mix in sweet chilli sauce or crushed pineapple in juice with my cottage cheese, yum! I've only just been able to handle halloumi. It's lush though.

Glad your second go at the weetabix went well.x

you are doing well so elias sorry to hear about your order and hope you get your exchange today I went to London to see my great granddaughter mia she is one year old done a lot of walking it was hot weather so tired when I got home but enjoyed the day didn't drink enough fluids will make it up tomorrow and forgot my self and picked her up you forget I'm fine just tired didn't eat much either ate when I got home at 8 pm left home 9.30am so very long day saw my two sisters aswell ill take it easy tomorrow

Good Elias will be looking out for you posts later :)

Back