• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

imfo on gastric sleeves

nicky72

can i hear some gastric sleeve stories please as a lot of imformation on bypasses id like to hear of some results and is it right that my brain keeps showing me cheese on toast,

It's been brilliant for me so far! Had the operation on the 30th June

Date KG Stones Pounds BMI
20th June 2009 201.9 31.8 445 63.8
30th July 2009 177.2 27.9 390.7 56.1
13th November 2009 145.8 23 321.4 46
12nd January 2010 135.3 21.3 298.3 42.8

Last edited:
I know nothing about them at all except a friend of mine had hers last February and is 9 stone down... Which isn't bad considering she still has a drink and the odd chinese takeaway... It's done what she wants and she's happy :)

hi, i'm having the sleeve op this thursday. it took me nearly 6 months to get to the point of thinking this is defo the op for me.

sue

i think i made the right desision they doesnt seem so many problems afterwards with the sleeve and you can still have a little bit of what you fancy

i think i made the right desision they doesnt seem so many problems afterwards with the sleeve and you can still have a little bit of what you fancy

Hi Nicky

I had my Sleeve on the 3rd Oct and have lost just under 3 stone so far I'm really pleased I chose this opp. A lot of people have it as the first part of the DS but I will only be having this part of the opp. I really don't want to have anymore surgery, unless I lose loads of weight and save enough £££££££££'s to have a tummy tuck lol:)

When did you have your opp? and how's it going??

Jeanx

had op on the 30 th dec the only worry i have is that some people dont lose a lot of weight with it but im determined to work with it musy say im sick of yogart already tho and carny wait to be able to eat a bit of mash and gravy has your portion sizes changed? how much can you roughly eat now and do you find bread a problem i cant imagine life without bread

Pre-op I couldn't imagine life without a lot of things. But that changes. It has to change for you to be succesful.

You're affected mentally as well as physically. I can't explain it, but you change while under the knife!

Imagine a life without having bread for over 6 months, without a biscuit with your cup of tea, or a slice of cake. That's what's happened to me! I don't crave for anything at all now.

Pre-op I couldn't imagine life without a lot of things. But that changes. It has to change for you to be succesful.

You're affected mentally as well as physically. I can't explain it, but you change while under the knife!

Imagine a life without having bread for over 6 months, without a biscuit with your cup of tea, or a slice of cake. That's what's happened to me! I don't crave for anything at all now.

you are doing very well and I have been following your progress (yes I am your virtual stalker lol). I will know this Thursday whether I am having the sleeve or bypass on the 19th Jan

Back