• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

have to get this off my chest

dylis

can people pls understand that everyone is differant and every hospital is differant so there is no rights or wrongs on the way we do things.............
eg some people are told to stay on liquids and puree for longer than others i was second day op and was given porridge and tomatoe soup .. then a week later i went on to normal food eg mash soup veg salad etc as long as i chew loads and dont eat anything to chunky im fine to me i dont see the differance with blending or chewing as long as its not solid when it goes down it wont get stuck i say each to there own the reason i say this is just because one person does it one way we dont all have to follow do what feels right for you ...............the only reason i write this as someone was made to feel guilty for coming off puree early this was a shock to me ............x

can people pls understand that everyone is differant and every hospital is differant so there is no rights or wrongs on the way we do things.............
eg some people are told to stay on liquids and puree for longer than others i was second day op and was given porridge and tomatoe soup .. then a week later i went on to normal food eg mash soup veg salad etc as long as i chew loads and dont eat anything to chunky im fine to me i dont see the differance with blending or chewing as long as its not solid when it goes down it wont get stuck i say each to there own the reason i say this is just because one person does it one way we dont all have to follow do what feels right for you ...............the only reason i write this as someone was made to feel guilty for coming off puree early this was a shock to me ............x

Hi Dylis,

I think you will find that all are agreed that everyone should follow their providers guidelines and rules on this so if there is any problems they will be able to sort them out quickly.

I have looked for a post where someone was made feel guilty about this but I am unable to find it.

Perhaps if you come across this post you can use the report button so that we can see the post in question and myself or one of the mods will look into it as no one should be made feel guilty for following their own providers guidelines and rules.

Yes every provider is different, but so is the way that surgeon operates and this is why the after care differs. We agree to follow what our provider tells us and not what someone else is doing it is the same with the pre op diet you follow what you are told to follow. If you want to go against your teams advise that is your choice,but to suggest that others do what they feel is right is for them is irresponsible. Everybody is different and some tolerate food easier than others and others have to dleay moving onto the next or have to go back a stage as they are not ready to move on. I know in the 2 weeks following my op the only thing I could tolerate was liquids, anything to thick just wouldn't go down. I did move on a to having meat that wasn't blended early but only after discussing it with my team.

Back